Your Scratch Repair Secrets

RELOADER

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
17   0
Reaction score
I have a shotgun that has light to medium scratches on it. It looks like it has been laid across an aluminum boat seat to me but who knows. My question is what are some of youe=r secrets and ideas to remove or at least blend in the scratches on this shotgun.

There are so many different "scratches" that it's hard to tell without looking at it. If it's a hunting gun then most folks don't mind a few marks from honest field use. I'd probably just touch it up with a little Hoppes gun blue to protect the metal and keep on hunting with it.

Hate bluing I like to spray with brake caliper paint cause it's.got ceramic like a poor mans cericoat. Alittle secret to get to bare metal is vinager. Cold for molasses slow or just getting a little blue off to match heat it up and it take about thirty seconds and just steel wool off the rust and start over with what ever you want

There are so many different "scratches" that it's hard to tell without looking at it. If it's a hunting gun then most folks don't mind a few marks from honest field use. I'd probably just touch it up with a little Hoppes gun blue to protect the metal and keep on hunting with it.
Thanks I will try the Hoppes blue on it.

Back
Top Bottom