• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts on PayPal for cash during trades/transactions?

Would you take/offer PayPal funds in a transaction?

• Yes

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters
I actually like (discreetly) using PayPal for gun stuff. It makes me feel good to use their system in a way that they and their anti-gun management and founders hate.

I especially like to use the 'gift' function, since that way they don't get paid either. Double-win! The only problem is they are starting to crack down on that.

That all being said, for a FTF transaction I'd rather do FTF payment.

But using PP when you are shipping small stuff like handguards or holsters is much easier than trying to send/receive checks or money orders.

I've used it for small items but I wouldn't use it for larger (gun) purchases.

You have to send it as something else... which means there is no record in paypal of your actual purchase (a gun)... so you have little defense when the buyer asks for a transaction reversal. I've seen it done and you end up screwed... or hiring an attorney.

I have met folks in a parking lot before, sent the money, waited for the confirmation and then exchanged goods.

Does anyone (other than me) have one of those PayPal Here credit card readers??? I could probably even take a MasterCard or Visa on the spot with this. Haven't used it yet, but I grabbed one when they were giving them away. I think you can still get one for free perhaps.

Those transactions would have the regular fees I think, about 2.8% or so . . .

I have used it in the past when we were a few hours apart and had to ship an item. I have never had a problem with it on here, but I would probably not feel too comfortable doing it for any high dollar item.

I have used PayPal for years... no problems... I thought you had to call the transaction a "gift" though. That firearms and accessories are against their policy.

Back
Top Bottom