• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Your thoughts on PayPal for cash during trades/transactions?

Would you take/offer PayPal funds in a transaction?

• Yes

Votes: 44 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 19 30.2%

• Total voters
This obviously comes down to an ethical decision. Just because you can get around their policy doesn't make it right. To each their own and I don't care what anyone does, but the question should have been whether it is a violation of their policy to do so.

I actually like (discreetly) using PayPal for gun stuff. It makes me feel good to use their system in a way that they and their anti-gun management and founders hate.

I especially like to use the 'gift' function, since that way they don't get paid either. Double-win! The only problem is they are starting to crack down on that.

That all being said, for a FTF transaction I'd rather do FTF payment.

But using PP when you are shipping small stuff like handguards or holsters is much easier than trying to send/receive checks or money orders.

+1 have done this several times

I have used it mainly on gun broker but will use it as long as nothing is mention about guns or ammo in the transaction I have a friend who did have his account frozen because of an ammo sell on gunbroker and the buyer put for ammo in the detail for violating policy

And get $700 to $2000 out? Yea, that would have worked....

www.openmarket.org_wp_content_uploads_2009_11_no_soup_for_you.jpg

Some things to know about paypal...

If you use them for a gun transaction and they find out, they will freeze your account.

If you use them for a gun transaction and your item doesn't show up, paypal won't help you at all.

If you use the gift option and your item doesn't show up, you have no recourse with paypal.

If you take paypal and then meet someone FTF, that person can turn around and file a claim for non delivery. You will not be able to prove delivery and that person will get the item and their money back too.

Beware when using paypal for anything but especially when using it for firearm related purchases.

Some things to know about paypal...

If you use them for a gun transaction and they find out, they will freeze your account.

If you use them for a gun transaction and your item doesn't show up, paypal won't help you at all.

If you use the gift option and your item doesn't show up, you have no recourse with paypal.

If you take paypal and then meet someone FTF, that person can turn around and file a claim for non delivery. You will not be able to prove delivery and that person will get the item and their money back too.

Beware when using paypal for anything but especially when using it for firearm related purchases.

Good info bud. There is definitely a trust factor when it comes to using PayPal for firearms related stuff. Good feedback goes a long way.

Good info bud. There is definitely a trust factor when it comes to using PayPal for firearms related stuff. Good feedback goes a long way.

^^^ Definitely ^^^

I wouldn't use PayPal for anyone with little or no 'reputation'. Anytime you ship something you do always run into that problem, which is why it really only works for low-dollar items. No one is going to screw up their hard earned feedback rating over a pair of $30 grips, but a $1500 rifle could be too tempting.

I've always just worked the deal out over ODT or phone and then used PP. You know the saying what they don't know can't hurt anybody. As long as your just sending money as a gift and don't say in the memo "this is for a big mean gun" then you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom