• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your very first motorcycle?

I don't knock anyone who rides. I have been riding street bikes for 38 yrs now. You can read my "signature" below. It has been there quite a while now.
I don't care what brand or size scooter another person rides. Whether it be a moped, sport bike, cruiser, trike, bagged or a full blown dresser. I respect anyone who rides on two or three wheels.
:thumb:

They sure do look nice. I heard about the HD quality issues before as well.
I like the iron 883 or the vrods

Yeah the quality issues that nearly put H D out of business was back when the company was owned by AMF. They put quantity ahead of quality. The employees of H D bought the company from AMF in 1983 and designed the Evolution (AKA Evo motor) and began turning the company around in 1984. AMF era bikes leaked oil so bad many dealerships kept cardboard under the engine on brand new bikes sitting on the show room floor. Those bikes were worn out by 40K miles often times. Now it is common to see them with 150,000 miles and never torn down.

I rode Harley's exclusively back in the day. Of course everything rode bad then.
I went broke and had to ride some Hondas and Suzuki's, then the racing bug hit, and I didn't ride a Harley for many years as I remembered the AMF years and the crap they had become.

I recent was offered a Harley that had been on the Drag Strip and converted back to a street bike at a price I couldn't turn down.
I was extremely impressed on how well it rides. Probably not fair for me to compare the performance since it's built, but I would never have believed you could build a street able Harley to this ones power, quickness and topend pull. Hell I didn't think you could build this much street able and dependable power in ANY V Twin.

Just amazed me that they look like the old stuff, but it's not even close.

Harley made the Evolution motor from 1984-1999. The options o for you to do to these engines to get more and more power and torque are mind blowing.

I wish I still had this
Evel Knievel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom