• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Zippety Doo Dah Dammit again

Gonna get the haters wrath on killing a mongrel. Good call though.
Dude, I hate it, but there are limits. Harming the wildlife is one of them. We get stray dogs pretty regular, playing in the lake, running around. I leave them alone.
If anybody missing a rottweiller near Resaca, he ain't gonna make it home. No collar or I would have called the owner.

I think I would have done the same thing, if I could not drive the dogs off with pepper spray or something. Yes, survival of the fittest and all of that, but it is hard not to find compassion in that situation.

Not being able to stand/walk may be the reason that mama was not around to help the newborn. You could take it to a vet to see if it is something serious.

You probably already know this, but you got my curiosity up on how you care for a fawn. They apparently drink A LOT of milk. The good thing is that goats milk is relatively easy to find. Good luck. Please keep us posted.

https://www.wildwatch.org/firstaid/feeddeer.htm
I ain't trying to get bit pepper spraying a rando dog.
I guess we're about to find out how to take care of one if I can't find an experienced person that wants the job. We got goats formula.
Getting a vet involved costs dollars. Dollars I don't spend fighting bu·reauc·ra·cy <--My spelling word for the day

Dude, I hate it, but there are limits. Harming the wildlife is one of them. We get stray dogs pretty regular, playing in the lake, running around. I leave them alone.
If anybody missing a rottweiller near Resaca, he ain't gonna make it home. No collar or I would have called the owner.
Don't blame you one bit, would have done the same thing.

That's awesome. My mom sent me a video the other day of an almost full grown doe just walking up to my dad and eating out of his hand with their great Pyrenees right there trying to play with it. I'd guess one of their neighbors raised it in a situation similar to yours.

Back
Top Bottom