• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 for self defense?

I never said you hadn't "earned a cape". You made a disparaging remark about targets shooting back. I replied to it. No reason to get YOUR dander up

You made a remark about not needing more than 7 rounds to kill targets and I asked if the targets were shooting back. However, I'll take vacation from work just so you can have your shoot. LOLing here that the last time someone felt the need to call someone out to a shoot was a long time ago.

Now who is mischaracterizing whose posts!?

I have no idea where you read that I said anything about not needing more than 7 rounds to kill targets. You must be confusing my post with someone else's. Here is exactly what I said about IPSC, and your response:

Me: I shot Single Stack in USPSA for years, so I run a 1911 like nobody's business.
You: Get a lot of those targets shooting back at ya do ya? Interesting sport that.

It ain't a call out. From the posts you have written in this thread, I find you to be terribly misinformed and uneducated in many aspects of combat handguns. I would like the opportunity to rectify some of that. After all, that's the main part of what I do for a living. I wouldn't do it in my main job AND my side business if I didn't believe wholeheartedly in it n

To be clear. This ain't a competition, it ain't a showdown, it ain't a shoot-off, or whatever other infantile spin you attempt to put on it. It is, quite simply and solely, an invitation to come and attend an 8hr block of instruction in Combat Handgun. Period. Full stop.

You will simply be another student in the class and treated as such.

Last edited:
Now who is mischaracterizing whose posts!?

I have no idea where you read that I said anything about not needing more than 7 rounds to kill targets. You must be confusing my post with someone else's. Here is exactly what I said about IPSC, and your response:

Me: I shot Single Stack in USPSA for years, so I run a 1911 like nobody's business.
You: Get a lot of those targets shooting back at ya do ya? Interesting sport that.

It ain't a call out. From the posts you have written in this thread, I find you to be terribly misinformed and uneducated in many aspects of combat handguns. I would like the opportunity to rectify some of that. After all, that's the main part of what I do for a living. I wouldn't do it in my main job AND my side business if I didn't believe wholeheartedly in it n

To be clear. This ain't a competition, it ain't a showdown, it ain't a shoot-off, or whatever other infantile spin you attempt to put on it. It is, quite simply and solely, an invitation to come and attend an 8hr block of instruction in Combat Handgun. Period. Full stop.

You will simply be another student in the class and treated as such.

Oh...well that's a horse of another color.

Between attempting to understand what these nincompoops on the debate are saying(not much as usual) I went back to look at the conversation at that point. It appears that while reading the thread I messed up and either attributed what someone else said to you or...wtf ever. I got it wrong. Your comment about single stack somehow read to me as not needing a double stack under stress. So, my response was that targets don't shoot back so advocating a single stack based on target sports is great but not the same as when getting shot back at. but since you have been there and got the merit badges and all that, you know better than me any way. Got it. Sorry.

Now as to my ignorance and misinformation...well, You may well know everything but I LIKE my ignorance, thank you very much. You want to give a charitable class out give it to someone who might be willing to listen to you. I can assure you, at this point, I certainly won't. You want to meet to chit chat I'm good with it. You want to meet and shoot a little bit, that's cool. Hell like I said, we can have a meet and greet or just grab a coffee or go and let you show me how much better you shoot. But at this point, I'm not open to any "training" from you. Yep I just get hard headed like that.

Have it your way. All training is good training......you can always take SOMETHING away from it.

If you change your mind, the offer is open as long as there is an available slot.

Funny thing; I've been offering free training to fks of differing opinions for at least 12 years now. Have yet to have a single one take me up on the offer.

Guess there are lots of "hard headed" folks around, if that's the PC term nowadays. But then, it's always easier to have a dissenting opinion when separated by miles of fiber optic cable.

MRH and albatros43, I have an offer for both of y'all.

If my Combat Handgun class does not fill up, I am offering you both a mostly free slot in that course. All I'm asking is that you pay the range fee that I pay per student when I teach a course there, and that's dang cheap for 8 hours of training.

The catch is, after the course, you have to write an honest review of the course, including your opinions of myself and my Assistant Instructor Jeff Edwards, and post it here in this forum under a new thread.

If this sounds good to y'all, send me a PM and I'll get it all squared away.

Semper Fi!

Back
Top Bottom