• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2018 predictions: Which gun companies will go bust?

People looking at a $1200 AR never consider the $450 trash the markets flooded with.

Another way to look at it,
What did a BCM cost in 2012?
What did a budget AR cost then?
My nephew bought a Bushmaster AR15 for 469. He bought it over on Thanksgiving for me to inspect and lubricate for him. I broke it down all the way and looked it over thoroughly and it wasn't that bad of a rifle. I wouldn't exactly call it trash. Was it a high dollar piece of jewelry? No but I don't know if I would call it out right trash and this is coming from a guy that considers a decent build in the 12 to 14 hundred dollar range. A barrel swap, a trigger and a few other upgrades and it would be a damn good rifle. With guns like this out for all to buy at a steal of a price then the high dollar AR makers are going to have a hard time of it in the coming months. The fit and finish of his gun was good, not junky like you would think. You could spend a couple hundred bucks on his rifle and make it a good long lasting machine. I own a very old Bushmaster and it wasn't as good of a fit and finish as mine was but it was close. It wasn't the rattling piece of sh*t I thought it would be and that's a fact.

Not sure about the big brands, especially if they’re not publicly traded companies, but as for all the “Insert-name-here Arms” companies that have cropped up over the last few years; if you haven’t heard of them by now, you probably never will.

IMI because Iran is going to end up nuking Israel
Daniel Defense because who would pay 3 grand for an AR in today's AR market?
Colt again because they went to the Trump school of business. They won't stay down..They will just ..Ever notice how furniture stores are always having "Going Out of Business" sales? Yeah..like that
Kel-Tec and Kahr because they suck...naa maybe not. Cheap guns always seem to sell regardless of suckage. Case in point..Hi...never mind, who cares?

My prediction is High Standard arms and Remington. High Standard can't seem to ship product, not a good sign. Remington, because ever since they were bought by Cerberus have been putting out low quality product, have high debt, and plummeting sales. Heck, practically giving away new guns with big rebates still can't convince buyers to buy.
Colt will continue to flounder. Smith and Wesson has been diversifying as to survive the lousy gun market.

Back
Top Bottom