• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$500 to spend at Cabela's (gift card) what to buy?

I was a big mail order customer of Cabela's for many years and I've bought tons of different products for all types of outdoor hobbies from them. I even bought my clothes for work from them.

But if I had to pick the very best item I ever bought, it would be there top of the line Gortex Guidewear rain gear.
I bought it large enough to fit over winter clothing, both the pants/overall's and the jacket are 20 years old this year and still good as new. I'm pretty sure they'll outlive me. There's something to be said for staying dry when it's cold out and even when it was warm the Gortex breathes, so you stay cool.

Whatever you get buy something that'll last, something that you'll get to enjoy for years to come.

They have a ass load of handguns around that money as well. I would get a gun and be done with it. You can always sell it if you have to and if you get the write one you may fall in love with the way it shoots. There are just a ton of guns to choose from in that money and many, many more if you add a little to it. Now is the time to buy because everyone is cutting prices to reduce inventory. I would say you are in a hell of a position to purchase something you have always wanted but you got something else instead. Get something you will have fun shooting. If you do happen to get a long range rilfe hit me up and I will take you out to River Bend and we can wear the 600 yard range out.

Wait for Black Friday or the after Xmas sale. Cabelas is awesome but expensive, even if you buy something during BF/Xmas you are probably paying the going rate.

Time to get you some reloading equipment!
Guns on sale is my first pick. However, this man has a great idea. If you don't want or need another gun get into reloading. I got a cheap Lee single press and it has little colloars that lock into the press. Each collar holds a different die. Then get you one of those little Hornady Micrometer projectile setter for the projectile press. Everything else comes in the kit you will need. I went ahead and bought Hornady dies just becuse they are better. I weigh out each projectile, seperate all the large primer brass from the small primer brass and then I hand measure each throw of powder. So If I am going for 28.5 then I will dump the 28.5 in the shell. If it comes out at 28.6 or 28.4 I either dump it back in, or use the trickler to bring it to the right weight on the money every single time. You wouldn't believe the difference in accuracy it makes over shelf ammo.

Back
Top Bottom