• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8 point down!

My youngest girl missed a 5 pointer the other night,she let the same deer walk the day before. First deer she's ever shot at. Boy.........She's all tore up bout it. I've been encouraging all I can, telling her even the best miss sometime in life. She just had a little "buck shake" ,i think. Her 7mm08 has become a body part at this point (wasn't the gun or scope or lack of practice) She's an excellent shot. I think I'll let the woods cool off a while and let her play hookey from school during the week soon so she can bust one. I CAN"T WAIT till she gets her first deer. I could have followed up with a shot if I hadn't been sitting opposite of her. And there was no blood Anywhere to be found and we did a overkill sweep of the place, so I know she missed it. Maybe next time

My youngest girl missed a 5 pointer the other night,she let the same deer walk the day before. First deer she's ever shot at. Boy.........She's all tore up bout it. I've been encouraging all I can, telling her even the best miss sometime in life. She just had a little "buck shake" ,i think. Her 7mm08 has become a body part at this point (wasn't the gun or scope or lack of practice) She's an excellent shot. I think I'll let the woods cool off a while and let her play hookey from school during the week soon so she can bust one. I CAN"T WAIT till she gets her first deer. I could have followed up with a shot if I hadn't been sitting opposite of her. And there was no blood Anywhere to be found and we did a overkill sweep of the place, so I know she missed it. Maybe next time
It will happen and when it does she will be hooked for life.

Back
Top Bottom