• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Advice: Own G23 gen4 -How to: shoot 357sig? G32 barre?; new springs? How to: 9mm??

Just the barrels on the Gen 3's only if I am not mistaking ................. And 9mm mags for the 9's

Converting from 40 S&W to .357 Sig and back requires ONLY the barrel.

Converting from 40 S&W OR .357 Sig to 9MM requires barrel and mags only.

Barrels from Gen3 to Gen 4 did not change. Recoil spring assembly changed and diameter of opening at slide for recoil spring was enlarged to allow for the new captive recoil assembly, but barrels didn't change.

thanks. just to be clear, i have a gen4 g23.

- for 357sig conversion, can use either gen3 or gen4 barrels for all conversion to 357sig?? (40 and 357sig mags of course are the same).

- for 9mm conversion, only need gen3 or gen4 g19 barrel and mags?

Correct?
thx

thx,
Steve

To the OP..

..to fire 9mm out of your G23, you cannot use a factory Glock barrel, you MUST buy aftermarket conversion barrel because the barrel hole in your G23 slide is larger than the Glock factory 9mm barrels.. they will rattle-around if installed and fired.

Bull ****. I have done it.

I had no problems feeding, firing or ejecting. I used an OEM Glock 19 barrel in both a G23 AND a G27. I also used an OEM G20 barrel to shoot 10MM out of a G21(45 ACP) with only one issue. The follower in the 10MM mags was just too narrow to engage the slide stop so it wouldn't lock back after the last round.

Back
Top Bottom