• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Aggressive Pitbull

madmarinehays

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
268   0
Reaction score
Will try to keep this short. We have ****ty renters a few house down. They sell drugs, trash build up, don't cut the grass, people coming and going all hours, drive by shooting a few months back, speeding through the neighborhood. So yeah, no bodies favorite neighbors. Rental company will not do anything, the same with the police (Cobb County).

Over the weekend there Pitbull charged one of our neighbors 2 kids, mom, and German Shepherd. This thing came running from 4 house down. Thankfully no one was hurt, but if it wasn't for the German shepherd it could have gotten ugly. Someone from the bad house after a few minutes of some craziness came and got the dog. This is the second time this has happened. Last time the pitbull charged a lady walking.

Animal control will not do ****, Cobb police will not do ****. So next time this happens, at what point can I us deadly force? I like dogs, wish this was not an issue, but I like my kid, wife and neighbors more. My understanding of the law in GA is once it become a physical/fear of threat, its justified. Law link below.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-4/chapter-8/article-1/4-8-5

So tired of these neighbors and there BS.

Update: The HOA is saying the management company will not be renewing the lease. They have until July 4th to get the **** out.

Call the rental agency, police, and animal control constantly. Document every time you do it. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Then call some local reporters and complain about people not doing there job. Be sure to mention rental agency.

Bear spray or pepper spray is a better option than deadly force. Deadly force can be justified if the dog is actually biting someone, but IMO it's not enough that the dog is charging someone. Use of deadly force could very well entail needing to retain an attorney and that ain't cheap. Pepper spray is cheaper and the dog will probably learn a lesson.
Also doing what DADI03 DADI03 suggests is a good idea because it establishes a paper trail.

Probably wouldn't hurt to get everyone around doing it as well. And I mean call them once or twice a day minimum.

Call the rental agency, police, and animal control constantly. Document every time you do it. Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Then call some local reporters and complain about people not doing there job. Be sure to mention rental agency.

Other then calling reporters, it has been done by me and most of the neighbors. No one is doing there job. We are on our own at this point. Our only hope it the rental agency will not renew the lease, its up in July.

Get all the neighbors to sit on their front lawns with tripods and video cameras recording all the druggies cars, license plates, faces and send to the police. They may just go out of business if the customers don't want to be on camera. Then the rental company will be stuck with dirtbags that cannot pay rent. And wasp spray......

Back
Top Bottom