• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody else quicker without dot?

NewLeaf

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Glad2bHere
30   0
Reaction score
It may be stigmatic eyes? But after getting over the learning curve (3yrs) with handgun (RMR like) red dots, both prism and holographic… I shoot faster without the Dot. Not trying to start trouble or break the platform lol ; just wondering if others have tried red dots on their carry pistol and decided to take it off? Note: I LUV shouldering a firearm with a red dot , most recently picked up a Vortex AMG 2.0 and am absolutely satisfied and looking into getting a cool magnifier for it. I’ve tried different “edc” dots like Vortex Venom&Viper , Delta Point , SwampFox, 2 enclosed and the likes, and I’ve found that the only gun I do better with a dot is a .22 (TX22 & Walther WMP right now) when hunting squirrel or trying to squeeze the tightest group out of’em… both instances “taking my time, propping, no rush type situations”. I’ve used plates, no plates, and locktite and still end up being off over time (a different thread probably?) . I don’t shoot every day, somewhere between moderate and semi-extreme maybe. If I’m making kill shots standing with my favorite 9mm&10mm edc’s without dots I’m thinking that fixing whatever I’m doing wrong with the dot would help at longer ranges than 20 yds ? Hoping for clarity, advice, fun ??

IMG_4224.jpeg

I used to really like the Trijicon Bright/Tough 3 dot irons. Unfortunately I'm on the wrong side of 50 something now, and my close up vision isn't what it used to be. Those 3 dots just fuzz together nowadays.
I used a red dot on my hunting pistol, and found it to very much increase accuracy at 50-75 yds, but I never needed it to be super fast.
Tried an RMR / G17 combo and no matter what, never could get it like I wanted it to be.
Now, I use a single bright yellow dot on the front iron with blacked out rears, and shoot better/faster than I did with the RMR (out to 20yds or so)
I'll probably stick with irons until I absolutely can't shoot them anymore.

I used to really like the Trijicon Bright/Tough 3 dot irons. Unfortunately I'm on the wrong side of 50 something now, and my close up vision isn't what it used to be. Those 3 dots just fuzz together nowadays.
I used a red dot on my hunting pistol, and found it to very much increase accuracy at 50-75 yds, but I never needed it to be super fast.
Tried an RMR / G17 combo and no matter what, never could get it like I wanted it to be.
Now, I use a single bright yellow dot on the front iron with blacked out rears, and shoot better/faster than I did with the RMR (out to 20yds or so)
I'll probably stick with irons until I absolutely can't shoot them anymore.
Sounds like exactly where I’m at. I really want to like’em and use but…

Back
Top Bottom