• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody else quicker without dot?

My iron acquisition is faster because of a dot. More accurate, too. Not giving up a dot anytime soon

This is what I still work on training myself out of to this day. The dot isn't there to replace irons, but alongside proper grip and a little shooting, it makes settling those irons for follow ups pretty easy. Except the SRO. That felt like playing video games. If they could build one as durable as the RMR I'd sell all mine and eat the weight, size, and price difference for what feels like a ****ing flat screen on your gun.

This is what I still work on training myself out of to this day. The dot isn't there to replace irons, but alongside proper grip and a little shooting, it makes settling those irons for follow ups pretty easy. Except the SRO. That felt like playing video games. If they could build one as durable as the RMR I'd sell all mine and eat the weight, size, and price difference for what feels like a ****ing flat screen on your gun.
The rmr HD supposedly offers near SRO window size with og rmr durability

Which Red Dot did you end up liking the best? If you don’t mind.
I've only ever messed with the trij Rmr type 2.

Dots are faster for people that put in the work. That’s why 100% of Open shooters use them. The Sage Dynamics white paper shows even in smaller doses it’s faster and more accurate in force on force.

I get that people don’t want to. I do. With an astigmatism I’ve read that prisms are the way to go but not sure if that’s true. My 407k is a circle to me when the 507k was a blur. My esp carry is perfectly clear.

I think individual results vary

The problem with prisms in that application is that you don't have much, if any, choice. A prism sight tends to need more light, and comes in a larger package.

Quite feasible for rifles, but less so for pistols.

It may be stigmatic eyes? But after getting over the learning curve (3yrs) with handgun (RMR like) red dots, both prism and holographic… I shoot faster without the Dot. Not trying to start trouble or break the platform lol ; just wondering if others have tried red dots on their carry pistol and decided to take it off? Note: I LUV shouldering a firearm with a red dot , most recently picked up a Vortex AMG 2.0 and am absolutely satisfied and looking into getting a cool magnifier for it. I’ve tried different “edc” dots like Vortex Venom&Viper , Delta Point , SwampFox, 2 enclosed and the likes, and I’ve found that the only gun I do better with a dot is a .22 (TX22 & Walther WMP right now) when hunting squirrel or trying to squeeze the tightest group out of’em… both instances “taking my time, propping, no rush type situations”. I’ve used plates, no plates, and locktite and still end up being off over time (a different thread probably?) . I don’t shoot every day, somewhere between moderate and semi-extreme maybe. If I’m making kill shots standing with my favorite 9mm&10mm edc’s without dots I’m thinking that fixing whatever I’m doing wrong with the dot would help at longer ranges than 20 yds ? Hoping for clarity, advice, fun ??
You’re quicker without a dot because your presentation is trash. Fix it.

Back
Top Bottom