• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are people that Stupid?

th plumber

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
56   1
Reaction score
Just Kidding, I know that they are!
My Family and I were at "The Back Porch", in Destin, Thursday. We are sitting at our table, when they seat the table beside us. The party consists of two families. The two men walk back to the bar to get more drinks, leaving two women and several children,and... their Bluetooth speaker playing some kind of crappy jazz music blaring! Yes, they thought that it was OK to bring their own "Ambiance". Initially it wasn't to annoying, as it was kind if drowning out the annoying kids saying mama, mama, mama over and over, while being ignored by the women. But, when the two guys come back, the music gets louder, then they all keep trying to tall over the crap spewing from the speaker. Finally my waitress comes to ask if we need anything, and I made her ask us about 5 times before I answered her, explaining that I couldn't hear her over the noise. Our waitress has the manager come tell them to turn it off. Now the drunk jerk starts cussing all of the other families in the area, as they leave their respective tables, keep in mind that most are families with children, including his three which appear to be under 10 years old! when it came our families time to leave he started cussing us and saying we shouldn't have complained because were already finished eating. When I made eye contact, he jumped up and told me he should just kick my ass! then he says we should step outside, 'cause I need my ass kicked! He kept trying to slide his sleeves up his arms, but was too drunk to even do that.
What part of common decency did I miss out on where there is no need for respect for other people, especially in such a public space?
I didn't take him up on the offer, but I did tell him what a prime role model he was for his own kids, and that I was pretty sure he was impressing every one of them.

On a better note, the food was excellent, and I wouldn't have even known about thee place were it not for this forum!

I lived in Ft. Walton for some time. Okaloosa County has some of the coolest cops that I've ever met, save one thing. When someone is drunk, no big deal. It's the beach. Everyone is supposed to be having fun. They'll even help you get home. They did for me once. But when someone is drunk AND belligerent, they'll throw them in the tank. In Florida, the drunk could have been arrested for simple assault. Just the threat of violence is enough for an assault charge. He sounds like he could have used a wake up call for his family's sake.

When people do something wrong and are called on it they have 2 options, step back and accept they were wrong or double down on it and tell everyone else they were wrong. I’m assuming you know which one adults do and which one people playing like adults do

The shame in this is that they had their families with them. What if you and your party would of walked off, and about a minute later you would came up behind him and cracked him in the jaw from behind with a good black jack/brass knuckles/sap. In all seriousness that drunk doesn’t know who you are or what you are capable of. He just put him and his family in danger because he wanted to be drunk dummy. For all he knows you were waiting outside for him with a tire thumper. You did the right thing.

Ignorance is everywhere. Sad thing is that his kids mirror him. He probably spender them for no reason or cussed his wife out after they left. Dad of the year right there.

What dads do in moderation, kids mirror in excess. It’s a fact.

You did the right thing for sure.

I lived in Ft. Walton for some time. Okaloosa County has some of the coolest cops that I've ever met, save one thing. When someone is drunk, no big deal. It's the beach. Everyone is supposed to be having fun. They'll even help you get home. They did for me once. But when someone is drunk AND belligerent, they'll throw them in the tank. In Florida, the drunk could have been arrested for simple assault. Just the threat of violence is enough for an assault charge. He sounds like he could have used a wake up call for his family's sake.

I picture you as the guy in your avatar and being drunk, lmao.

Back
Top Bottom