• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AS IS / NO WARRANTY - Am I ****ed ?

Maybe in a Jeep but I've been using them in Chevys for years... Stant offers them too.
Rather have one stick open than closed...
Stats most always fail by not opening....I have yet to have a parts or manufacturers rep explain to me how the failsafe is gonna be any different. They are designed to be prone to not fail closed is what I have been told.....sure ok

The fail safe seems to have a secondary opening mech if the primary fails. When the secondary kicks in it locks the stat open.
and drive by wire throttle bodies and accelerator pedal assemblies have redundant/companion sensors and drive motors and they fail everyday. I don't trust those stats anymore than I trust the govt mandated tire pressure warning systems. People ignore that light constantly. MOST drivers are idioits. A light comes on and they ignore it, then fuss a month later when they are stranded.....go figure

The fail safe seems to have a secondary opening mech if the primary fails. When the secondary kicks in it locks the stat open.

I have seen more than a handful fail and cause overheat situations in Fords, Chevys, Hondas. Not once did the failed ones fail open, they cracked open a bit and jammed.

Run at your own risk, but there is a good reason zero OEMs use them.

I'm not promoting them. I'd never heard of them before. Just answering the post asking how they worked.

All the coolant had slowly drained out because the drain plug on the radiator was bad, I didn't drive it hot or far enough to cause engine damage. They fixed it and the list of a few other items we wanted addressed. Just got the windows tinted on it today
Atlanta Luxury Motors of Newnan stood by their word and were really cool about it

Back
Top Bottom