• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Assault weapons ban is NOT the answer

You might want to take a closer look at what happened in Great Britain.

Those folks let the govt. get a toe hold, (handguns only confiscation) and the next thing they know, they are turning in all their weapons or turning into criminals.

Sometimes the traitors, tyrants, and criminals are actually the good guys.

Viva La Revolution
Snake Dr

you for one should know better than that. I doubt even 2% of gun owning americans will give up their guns that easy.

Just a little info to pass around....My wife is from England. She couldn't remember how long they've had there strict gun laws...I figured it was a really old law but....It was put into place in 1997 due to the Dunblane school massacre in Scotland.The law prevents anyone from owning a handgun. The only rifle you can own is a shotgun and a .22 rifle. You have to go through quite an ordeal just to own those. So what i'm saying is this happened less than 25 years ago.....can it happen here too?

not going to happen. There are WAY too many people who spent way too much money for them to take property that someone bought. Not going to happen.

Doesn't matter.....when the Govt passes a law saying its a federal crime to own one ...either you give it up or when you use it to protect yourself you go to jail for 20 years.....I know alot of tough guys will say put me in jail....besides Obama can print more money and have a buyback program and give you twice what you paid.....:)

OK, I'm lost here....this is good news, right?

Unless you consider mandatory registration of existing naughty guns AND no new guns in the civilian market. If there is a list of approved guns...that would virtually eliminate any new models coming in to the marketplace that are not on Feinsteins approved list, correct?

Unless you consider mandatory registration of existing naughty guns AND no new guns in the civilian market. If there is a list of approved guns...that would virtually eliminate any new models coming in to the marketplace that are not on Feinsteins approved list, correct?

I read it the same way... regulate what's in the field, limit ammunition, and BAN all NEW avaiability

Not sure what you mean. My point is this: The frenzy everyone is making fun of may very well be valid because of this portion of the bill. "Get em while you can" so to speak.

OK, I wasn't following you....right....the idea being that if they are going to be grandfathered in, I better get them now. But my point was that, if I remember correctly, she first stated that there would be no grandfather clause...so now that has been walked back so isn't that good news?

Unless you consider mandatory registration of existing naughty guns AND no new guns in the civilian market.

I'm not sure where you see "mandatory registration" in anything I've read.....and as far as no new guns, meh, if I owned guns I'm pretty sure I'd already have what I needed that would be on a ban list anyway.

Back
Top Bottom