• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Assault weapons ban is NOT the answer

Fast and Furious failed and Holder still has his job. This liberal grab for AR's and AK's didn't work so now the liberals will use this tragedy to further their grab on our guns.

Why don't we put this in perspective: According to the CDC.

In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.

Of the 1,210 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2010, 211 (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.

Of the 211 child passengers ages 14 and younger who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in 2010, over half (131) were riding in the vehicle with the alcohol-impaired driver.

In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics. That's one percent of the 112 million self-reported episodes of alcohol-impaired driving among U.S. adults each year.4
Drugs other than alcohol (e.g., marijuana and cocaine) are involved in about 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths. These other drugs are often used in combination with alcohol.

1,210 CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14 KILLED

I don't see the liberals trying to ban cars, alcohol or drugs! In fact the liberals in a few states just recently made it legal for people to smoke dope for any reason.

And like I said...going to prison for 20 years and making new cuddle buddies is not worth any of it......with all of that being said.....There has to be a way to protect people from this ever happening again. I have tried to put myself in the shoes of the parents waiting to hear if there 5 year old was dead or alive.....it makes me physically ill. Something does need to be done.....I just don't know what.

The weapon used was stolen and used to kill the owner of that weapon and then the children. There is nothing that can be done to stop criminals from stealing and murdering. Except maybe using lawfully owned and purchased weapons against them.

Back
Top Bottom