• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Assault weapons ban is NOT the answer

You should know better.

Look at most of these post by the members of this board.
I'd say that 95% of the members of this forum would hand over their weapons if the govt. deemed them illegal.
Imposing a fine for not doing so would land you in jail for 20 years and a $20k fine. The line would reach around two city blocks.

It just is what it is.
The citizens are just too comfortable with running water, grocery stores on every corner, and toilet paper.
They have their payment on the nice little suburban home, their remedial job, their auto payments, and their cable TV. Most aren't willing to give all that up over gun ownership.

You'll find a large group at the rally., but when the shooting starts, most of those will go home and be good little sheeple.

I have little faith in today's society.

Via La Revolution
Snake Dr

count me as part of the 5% Ill get on a boat and sail away.

Just some clarity on the UK comparisons...

1) People in the UK never had anything like 2nd ammendment rights. (That's why our founding father's put it in)
2) The people in the UK have never had a "gun culture"
3) The 1997 firearms act banned handguns although it is possible to get a PPW (personal protective weapon license) if you know the right people.
4) The 1997 firearms act had been preceeded by legislation in 1716, 1725, 1746, 1824, 1828, 1831, 1903, 1927 and 1968 controlling civilian access to guns. Most were due to fears of the government.
5) The 1997 law saw some 160,000 weapons and several million pounds of ammo surrendered
6) The 1997 act was voted in after the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 where a former scout leader murdered 16 children and their teacher with 2 9mm Hi-Power and 1-.357 Pistols.

If you have lived outside the U.S. you quickly understand the difficulties of comparing our culture and anyone else's. They don't have our culture and we will never have theirs. How many signs in spanish do you think you would find in the UK? None. How much have the cultural norms changed in the UK in the last 100 years? Very little. They understand clearly who they are and that is critical to maintaining their way of life. Maybe that's the lesson we could learn from our distance relatives across the pond.

Last edited:
Just some clarity on the UK comparisons...

1) People in the UK never had anything like 2nd ammendment rights. (That's why our founding father's put it in)
2) The people in the UK have never had a "gun culture"
3) The 1997 firearms act banned handguns although it is possible to get a PPW (personal protective weapon license) if you know the right people.
4) The 1997 firearms act had been preceeded by legislation in 1716, 1725, 1746, 1824, 1828, 1831, 1903, 1927 and 1968 controlling civilian access to guns. Most were due to fears of the government.
5) The 1997 law saw some 160,000 weapons and several million pounds of ammo surrendered
6) The 1997 act was voted in after the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 where a former scout murdered 16 children and their teacher with 2 9mm Hi-Power and 1-.357 Pistols.

If you have lived outside the U.S. you quickly understand the difficulties of comparing our culture and anyone else's. They don't have our culture and we will never have theirs. How many signs in spanish do you think you would find in the UK? None. How much have the cultural norms changed in the UK in the last 100 years? Very little. They understand clearly that mainting who they are and why they are is critical to maintaining their way of life. Maybe that's the lesson we could learn from our distance relatives across the pond.

+ Like!

A better comparison to the US would be Australia, though they have no article as protective as our second amendment. But the commonwealth had no power granted to make laws on gun ownership untill about 25 years ago.

You're right...no signs in Spanish...but I sure did see alot in Arabic...and could barely underdstand most of the people working in public service....most were from Poland, Pakistan and a boat load of other countries....

Last edited:
You're right...no signs in Spanish...but I sure did see alot in Arabic...and could barely underdstand most of the people working in public service....most were from Poland, Pakistan and a boat load of other countries....

True, and my use of the spanish sign as a metaphor for the amount of cultural change the U.S. has seen through non-existent immigration policy still holds. In the UK they view the immigration problem as a problem. We define the U.S. as the "great melting pot" they view the UK as the UK. They have not in my experience adjusted their culture to accommodate.

A Glock 19 and Walkther P22 were used in the deadliest shooting school rampage in history.... Virginia Tech. Did we condemn handguns!? No. Why? Because thats just plain fuc**** stupid. We condemned the sorry sack of puke that decided this was justified like we should have. Just wanted to throw that out there. If someone were to go into a crowded bus station with a baseball ball bat I bet he could come close to getting 10+ casualties if said individual was motivated enough... Would we condemn baseball bats then?????

You see my point.

Only Free men are allowed weapons....Once banned you have become a slave.

Look back through history and the above sentence will hold VERY VERY true.

Would a M&P-15/22 be banned under the last AWB? It shoots just a .22lr

Also, if I order some 30rnd magazines now, and they are back order, and then a high-cap mag ban is put in place while the backorder is still there... would I still be able to receive those mags since I ordered them before any sort of ban?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom