• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Be careful riding

I sold mine after 3 of my buddies crashed in the mountains, in one year, all while riding with me. One had to be airlifted out.

I did spend 4 hours Saturday and Sunday up around Suches and Blood Mountain in the wife's new Porsche and it was very close to being as much fun, like 8 out of 10 compared to a bike.

I sold mine after 3 of my buddies crashed in the mountains, in one year, all while riding with me. One had to be airlifted out.

I did spend 4 hours Saturday and Sunday up around Suches and Blood Mountain in the wife's new Porsche and it was very close to being as much fun, like 8 out of 10 compared to a bike.

what porsche? the wife is wanting another sporty car. She used to ride and do track days with me (street triple R), and had an m3 convertible for a while but is driving a leaf now. :) says it time to get something sporty or at least a bit more fun to drive.

plenty of dirt roads around. I have a route from Dawsonville to Suches thats about 90% dirt (some is pretty rough, but not bad on a bike). If I really want to, starting in Dawsonville, I can make a 250 mile ride that's probably 80% dirt. Just a lot of wandering around. Mostly forest service roads, stream crossings, etc.

Buddy of mine knows the rider, but no other details available yet. Rider is still in ICU.
Can you share the route or directions ?
PM me if you don't want to put it on here

Driver of the bike is my second cousin. He got banged up pretty bad and is distraught about the lose of his girlfriend but is expected to make it. He has a broke arm, 3 broken ribs, and they had to remove one of his kidneys.

Driver of the bike is my second cousin. He got banged up pretty bad and is distraught about the lose of his girlfriend but is expected to make it. He has a broke arm, 3 broken ribs, and they had to remove one of his kidneys.

Damn. It's good that he'll make it. Sad about his girlfriend.

I should have skipped this post. I sold my last one (1997 VFR 750) to buy my son a couple motocross bikes. After 13 years of helping him with his motocross career I just bought this Kawasaki Concours. Going to ride down to Greensboro Ga tomorrow with my most precious cargo (wife) for a nice meal and to look at antiques. I may do some riding with an old riding buddy on Sunday as well. I'll just do like I always have and remember every car is out to kill me, one finger on clutch, one on brake, and flash my high beam at cars turning onto my road. And pray for my and all other riders safety. Be safe out ther guys!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 11
I should have skipped this post. I sold my last one (1997 VFR 750) to buy my son a couple motocross bikes. After 13 years of helping him with his motocross career I just bought this Kawasaki Concours. Going to ride down to Greensboro Ga tomorrow with my most precious cargo (wife) for a nice meal and to look at antiques. I may do some riding with an old riding buddy on Sunday as well. I'll just do like I always have and remember every car is out to kill me, one finger on clutch, one on brake, and flash my high beam at cars turning onto my road. And pray for my and all other riders safety. Be safe out ther guys!

Same back at you, Enjoy the ride with the wife, and Hey,,,Great looking Conny

Back
Top Bottom