• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Biden admin press release on firearm suicide prevention

You're barking up the wrong money tree. I wish they'd stick to public service pamphlets, because it's peanuts, in the grand scheme of things. And they don't cost millions. They cost thousands.

Procurring an F-35 costs $100 million, and costs $36,000 per hour to operate.

I'm barking up the spending tree, because it has to be stopped across the board, at all levels and all branches and it has to be stopped 10 years ago.

I'm honestly at the point where if your position isn't full stop on absolutely all spending and expansion of the federal government then I have absolutely 0 interest in your politics.

I'm already required to hand out free locks for every handgun that leaves my shop, and I'm already required to have a dumbass youth safety pamphlet displayed in my shop.

Neither of which do anything. So yeah, it's just another dumbass pamphlet, and yeah they can do a lot worse. Still it's embarrassing to see you simping for them to be honest.

I'm barking up the spending tree, because it has to be stopped across the board, at all levels and all branches and it has to be stopped 10 years ago.

I'm honestly at the point where if your position isn't full stop on absolutely all spending and expansion of the federal government then I have absolutely 0 interest in your politics.

I'm already required to hand out free locks for every handgun that leaves my shop, and I'm already required to have a dumbass youth safety pamphlet displayed in my shop.

Neither of which do anything. So yeah, it's just another dumbass pamphlet, and yeah they can do a lot worse. Still it's embarrassing to see you simping for them to be honest.

Sorry if I am embarrassing you, but not my top concern.

I rarely disagree with you, but I do here.
This is a small but crucial step to promote a false ideal. That idea is that without fire arms this wouldn't happen.
People are sheep and when a lie, no matter how well meaning, is repeated enough it becomes reality to most folks. (Read Sheep)
I would appose this just in the fact that its promotes a false narrative.

True or false: Firearms make attempts at suicide more lethal?

It's a rhetorical question. Of course they do. Just as if you happen to live near the Golden Gate Bridge and you're suicidal, you have another very lethal means at your disposal.

If someone wants to take their own life, I regard that as a personal choice, and not a matter for government intervention. But I am sympathetic to the idea that, as a society, we shouldn't back away from getting people help and detering them from an impulse suicide decision. Education efforts in that regard, to me, are worthwhile. Mental health / support networks are worthwhile.

I'm not advocating for red flag laws. I'm simply pointing out the Nov 2. memo from the Whitehouse advocates no overrearch of their powers. I'm not saying they can be trusted not to go further. I'm sure they will. That battle should be fought as needed.

We have to be able to have conversations. If your attitude is "They can't say anything, because we know what their agenda is," then you missed your calling as a censor.

One peanut among 1.9 Trillion other nonsense politically motivated rights-grabbing proposals... Ask that ground pounder out there calling in for an air strike whether he thinks that $36K/hr cost is too much... sheesh...

If there is no price tag to high to protect our soldiers in arms, lobby the government to raise your taxes, borrow more money, and spend $1.5 trillion/year on defense, instead of $750 billion.

What other nonsensical arguments do you have for me today?

If there is no price tag to high to protect our soldiers in arms, lobby the government to raise your taxes, borrow more money, and spend $1.5 trillion/year on defense, instead of $750 billion.

What other nonsensical arguments do you have for me today?
You're just full of nonsense today, aren't you..... more money is spent on entitlements than defense. It's been that way for a long time.... good bye....

Cute, but really you're just advocating even more regulations on my business that's already drowning in regulations. Thanks guy.

I'm sorry if you are feeling crushed by the weight of education pamphlets.

There are plenty of more meaningful issues where I argue for less regulation of your business. No need for any more thanks.

I'm sorry if you are feeling crushed by the weight of education pamphlets.

There are plenty of more meaningful issues where I argue for less regulation of your business. No need for any more thanks.
I'm sorry you think me or my customers need educational pamphlets from the administration that oversaw fast and furious.

I'm sorry you think me or my customers need educational pamphlets from the administration that oversaw fast and furious.

Hyperbole much?

I don't know you or your customers.

I do know that there are millions of first time new gun owners out there as of the pandemic, many of whom have never held a gun before, fired a gun before, or have any instruction in safe gun handling. Are you saying they are all perfectly capable of good gun safety simply because they bought a gun? That putting educational materials in their hands at the time of the transaction is bad for them? Or just bad for you?

Hyperbole much?

I don't know you or your customers.

I do know that there are millions of first time new gun owners out there as of the pandemic, many of whom have never held a gun before, fired a gun before, or have any instruction in safe gun handling. Are you saying they are all perfectly capable of good gun safety simply because they bought a gun? That putting educational materials in their hands at the time of the transaction is bad for them? Or just bad for you?
You're trying just too doggone hard here.....

Back
Top Bottom