• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can any of you bump fire a Semi M/11 like this?

Yup. If full-auto, they have a place-- though that place is very close-in defense. Semi? Pointless unless you like buying ammo. Terrible triggers that sting your finger on reset, poor sights, heavy, big. A Glock 17 or 19 with a 30-round mag is far more precise.

I sold mine.
Like both of em, like all those infamous gangster guns. Semi has history too, especially the 86 and 87 years and the rare semi-open bolt version. But hey this full auto Mac 12 .380 with a Gemtech Viper on it is the most fun for sure.
First 2 bursts too easy. super fast ROF, can slowed it down a bit.
IMG_7750.PNG

IMG_7752.PNG
IMG_7725.jpg

...Terrible triggers that sting your finger on reset, poor sights, heavy, big. A Glock 17 or 19 with a 30-round mag is far more precise...

I've heard of "trigger slap" on the closed-bolt M/11 semis, but I've never experienced it. I don't think that it's just because mine has that rubber sleeve over it that SWD put on at the factory during assembly. I really think that either my gun doesn't have it, or it's such a small thing that it's not noticeable.

I shot mine at 7 yards yesterday, slow fire, using the sights, and got 8 out of ten shots in one little group the size of a golf ball. Two shots were a bit off, opening the total group up to the size of a tennis ball.
It's plenty accurate.

I've heard of "trigger slap" on the closed-bolt M/11 semis, but I've never experienced it. I don't think that it's just because mine has that rubber sleeve over it that SWD put on at the factory during assembly. I really think that either my gun doesn't have it, or it's such a small thing that it's not noticeable.

I shot mine at 7 yards yesterday, slow fire, using the sights, and got 8 out of ten shots in one little group the size of a golf ball. Two shots were a bit off, opening the total group up to the size of a tennis ball.
It's plenty accurate.
All my semis shot just fine and were utterly reliable. Ran new buffers in the old ones that had deteriorated but that's it. Never had an issue hitting what I aiming at albeit YES the Glock 19 is a better made more efficient hand gun but were about trading, owning, collecting, hobbying too right, not just doing upside down hanging sit ups while re assembling our nighthawk custom 1911s before our noses start to bleed? I hope....or I'm behind the bell curve :behindsofa:

Bruce Willis, too.
Vincent shouldn't have left his Cobray M-11 laying around next to the toaster.
Butch obviously appreciated the awesomeness of the weapon when he first laid eyes on it.

View attachment 1399451

Ever since this scene I've tried to never take a **** unarmed.....nor leave a trail of automatics leading to myself lol!

Also, a G19 just isn't as intimidating.
Pulling out what looks like a submachine gun says "I mean business."
Hey, it was good enough for John Wayne.
View attachment 1399447

Except his WAS a submachinegun!

To be fair, I had one early in my shootin' days. I could probably shoot it far better today-- as I can everything else. But the trigger slap was definitely real, and I shot two or three others, and all were the same. Closed bolt, M11/9s, circa 1990-ish. Dunno if it was one particular run or what, but it would numb my finger after a couple of mags, and bruise it after a few boxes of 9.

I cast no aspersions on the full-auto version.

Back
Top Bottom