• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Can I carry a gun on TVA property inside Georgia?

furious

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Don't let yesterday use up too much of today.
261   0
Reaction score
I've seen signs at TVA areas inside Georgia that say "No firearms". Is this legal? Is TVA boat ramps considered private land? Is the road over Blue Ridge dam private land?
These ****ers have armed "agents" that patrol these areas. I'd really hate a showdown with some asshat that's carrying an AR and thinks he knows GA law when actually he's just a glorified secrity guard that works for a private firm.

Please somebody tell me what's up with this.

Last edited:
Almost positive you can not carry on TVA property. Btw TVA guards are Federal marshals.

Whoa

OK, good info. I see now that the TVA is indeed a Federal owned operation. Still doesnt change the fact that having a gun while fishing is a 2nd ammendment issue. I may just make a big stink about this. There's no excuse as to why I shouldnt be able to legally keep protection on myself or in my car while fishing or hiking in Georgia.

it has been explained to me, by the ACE, that the lake is considered a military installation since it is built and run by the ACE. same rules apply to this as if you were on a military base. you can apply for a special permit through the ACE for hunting purposes only.

it has been explained to me, by the ACE, that the lake is considered a military installation since it is built and run by the ACE. same rules apply to this as if you were on a military base. you can apply for a special permit through the ACE for hunting purposes only.

What is ACE?

Back
Top Bottom