• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cobb Official(D) Questions Gun Shows on County Property

mountainpass

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
15   0
Reaction score
http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...in-county-buildings?instance=home_top_bullets

The gun shows are a money maker for Cobb County, with county officials saying earlier this week that 12 gun shows have brought in $73,000 for the county this year, up slightly from 2011. Show promoters pay a base fee to the county for use of facilities and equipment, and afterward pay 10 percent of their gross admissions.

By then, southwest Cobb Commissioner-elect Lisa Cupid will be in office. She said she may ask for a review of the policy for allowing gun shows and other events at county buildings.

“It does seem questionable, but I don’t know the history of it,” she said.

Cupid said there have been concerns in the past about the use of the county-owned Mable House Arts Center for events that the county didn’t deem fit to host. She feels it might be time for an “across the board” look at what are appropriate uses for county facilities.

“I guess at some point in time, it may be good to see what’s acceptable and what’s not,” said Cupid, who will be the commission’s only Democrat once she is sworn in next month.

Edit:
www.cupidforcobb.com_images_1670_LCupidHomePageImg.jpg

Last edited:
Now this is not meant to be racist . It's just a question. Are there any black politicians that actually support our second amendment rights?

I have lived there and thats my opinion.Specifically West Cobb I should say...because I dam sure cant afford to live in contemporary East Cobb..Maybe 10 or 15 yr ago it was good, pre influx but not anymore post influx. No to mention the LE issues GFL holders have mentioned here on this site.in the last 2 or more yrs.
How do you come up with that?

This won't go anywhere

- - - Updated - - -

Very good question!! I would like to know the answer
Now this is not meant to be racist . It's just a question. Are there any black politicians that actually support our second amendment rights?

That's fine , come to H.C and have a show , we'll gladly accept the revenue and won't be a word said . Probably make more of a show .

Back
Top Bottom