• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crickets just Crickets. Is anyone buying or selling anything????

I will have to just give away my knives if I lower the price anymore. Sheet barely make cost of materials.
Yeah , I can understand that. It gets to the point to where you can’t lower your stuff but so much . You can’t lose money on it, can’t work for free. That is for damned sure.
Hopefully it will right itself soon and stuff will start coming back around .

I’m still buying and selling but I have noticed a dip in activity more on the collectible side more than guns…I have some WW2 stuff listed that would previously sell fast but it’s slow moving now. Ammo has been weird…some moves some sits, I’ve bought a good bit myself.
agreed. I too have WW2 stuff and great deals but moving slowly. Same story with ammo, perhaps Christmas people will open up their wallets to finally buy themselves a gift.

In my experience if selling if you list it for about half what others do it will sell after a while.

I think we have several groups , the people trying to find a sucker selling over retail, and the people l looking to buy at a large discount cause it’s hard to keep justifying your hobby to the wife lol.

What is a good deal for one person might be over priced to another. People selling glocks for over retail just need to give up. It clutters up the ads and I don’t see them selling.

I've been a member here 10 years or so and accumulated what I wanted. A couple of more I want but don't need. I don't sell as everything I have I bought to keep.
Some of my other hobbies I have too much of but just too lazy to sell.

I was listening to a podcast that has a Smith & Wesson exec on, and he was saying gun sales always drop in the Fall. People are out hunting, and getting ready for the holidays. Too much going on and a lot of competing claims for cash.

He said that Spring tends to be the best quarter, since people may get bonuses from work or tax refunds and have just paid off Christmas.

I am selling quite a bit, but the problem is getting chassis stocks into the country... my trigger shoes mail out fast - no problem, but FedEx and US Customs keep coming up with reasons to delay the import process.

Back
Top Bottom