• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you pass on a good deal if it requires a Bill of Sale?

dustind3366

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
When you find a gun that you like for a good price, do you pass on it because the seller requires swapping/copies of all parties information?
I typically do, was wanting to see how others felt.

I've bought with a BOS. Doesn't bother me. I don't like it but if that's what the seller wants. I will not if it requires my address but so far all anyone wanted was a description of the purchase and my signature, along with an ID like my carry permit.

I bought with a BOS once because it was sprung on me after a long drive. Never again. If you want to make up your own laws to satiate your paranoia go **** yourself.

I will sign one if its a really good deal, will not give any numbers, will show dl and gwl. Usually if someone posts they want a BS of sale I just move on to the next one.

Don't bother me.It's not a binding contract.

It has nothing to do with it being a contract......it has to do with securing your information or potential identity theft. If it isn't binding as far as a contract, why bother? It will hold no weight in an investigation or a court of law.

I will not give any personal information to someone I just met. You can look at my license and GWL, but you are not writing anything down. I am more concerned about wannabe dealers misusing my info than I am about some make believe scenario involving the gun causing me to be arrested.

Back
Top Bottom