• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do You Practice Draw and Fire From Concealed Carry?

Well said CM. You forgot to add in the old adage, "Well he was in the military". Like the regular/common soldier just goes to the range multiple times a week.

Thats a good one, too. I was a grunt and a Small Arms Instructor in the Corps. I know much more about the M16/AR platform, and how to run it, now than I did then.

I took all 3 of the guns a normally carry, depending on the situation, to my range today. I did some practice drawing and firing 2 shots from 15 yards with all 3. I did ok but there are so many variables with clothing or different types of holsters.

Do you ever practice this?

I sometimes do, when I'm out in the woods. Most indoor ranges don't allow fast draw from concealment, and sometimes I fumble with the gun. I'm afraid I might drop it on the bare concrete floor. Doing dry-fire practice in my house, over the bed or over a carpet in the living room, is safer for my gun. And live-fire practice in the woods is OK when the ground I'm standing on is soft, full of pine needles and leaves, with dirt underneath.

Some of you will think it's laughable that I sometimes badly fumble with a gun when drawing it, as fast as I can, from concealment. And of those that feel this way, most of you have never done it, or never trained to do it and repeated it with hundreds of draws over many days.

Back
Top Bottom