• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you tell police you have a gun in the car?

Give them nothing that exceeds the scope of their investigation, which was the red light you just ran. You have to tell them who you are and provide documentation that says you can drive legally. Otherwise there's nothing to talk about.

Everyone needs a dash cam. Now that they are getting close to $100

I drive a lot for work. And it seems almost every day some idiot tries to hit me

Sooner or later you're gonna have an accident that's the other drivers fault but after everyone skids to a stop and pulls over. It looks like your fault

they are becoming more and more popular

they arent expensive and it is one of the better "safety" features you can have in your car

it also reduces your insurance rates and keeps everything recorded

a super good idea and i am going to get one soon myself

I guess they haven't made it to the sticks yet lol. I can see it if you drive a lot and/or live in the metro area. I can't even get my gps to stay stuck on the window.

I know there are LEO^s on here. So if you pull Clyde over for say a tail light out, or running a red light, or say going 50 in a 25. He hands you all the paperwork PLUS his GWL. You gonna let him slide??? Bet not. They get what they ask for no more no less. And by the way I've never been pulled over, never a ticket not even parking, never an accident in 49 years of driving. Y'all be safe out there................

No I keep DVR027's in my wife's car and my Dodge and two DVR027's in my Flatbed. Unless I pull the video the DVR just records over it. I do not draw attention to my self by posting that stuff to youtube. Its not the purpose of the Dashcams. The purpose is to keep cops and other motorist honest. Even If I had the video, I would not post it.

I have seriously considered putting cameras in my car & truck. I must have "**** with me" written on the back of the automobiles because I have some sort of road rage incedent pulled on me at least once every week, or so. I do a LOT of driving but it's getting ridiculous!

Only been in that situation once. Handed him both my lic. and ccw and let him know. All he
did was ask where is it. Let me off with a warning. It was in the glove box not on me, that
may have had something to do with it.
Also, I know a lot of LEO's and I wouldn't want to surprise them if you know what I mean.

Wow, there is a lot of hatred toward the police. How do you feel when someone tells you how to do "your job" or gives "you crap" at your job every single day? Now times that by 10 or 20 and how would you start feeling about what you do? I'm just saying give respect and you will get it back.

By all means, you will do what you think is right. Tell / don't tell thats your right. Me personally I will give a warning for GWL's, because if the *&^* hits the fan and there is a person with a GWL comes along and saves my life. I would be grateful the rest of my life, because you helped me to see my wife and son again.

Back
Top Bottom