• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Do you think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime?

Do you think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime?

• Yes, I think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • No, I don't think capital punishment is a deterrent to crime

Votes: 49 58.3%

• Total voters
Capital punishment in its present form is a deterrent. The question is "how much of deterrent?". The justice system is made up of humans and we make mistakes-I would hate to sentence someone to die to later find out he/she was 100% innocent. It happens...

I think it is a deterent to a certain extent. Those that do not fear death are not detered by it. Therefore only those that wish NOT to die will avoid crimes that can be punished this way.

I feel there are not enough crimes that carry a death penalty sentence.

Killing people is probably the best example of extreme government over reach. I don't care what you did, the state should not have the authority to end your life..that's waaay too much power to vest in our judicial system.

Having a career criminal for a father I have to say no, he even admits its easier inside than it is outside, he thinks so what I dont have my freedom I also dont have responceabilities, and many of the lifers become bolder knowing they have nothing to lose. Our prison systems a joke. I say we NEED quick and decicive punishment the type that will make you piss yourself at the thought of going to jail, and one the doesnt waste our hard earned tax dollars on these free ride junkies!

I go along with a lot of what is said about it taking so long that it is no real threat to stop a crime. Now as a budget savings a dead criminal cost less than a live one I would think.

Having a career criminal for a father I have to say no, he even admits its easier inside than it is outside, he thinks so what I dont have my freedom I also dont have responceabilities, and many of the lifers become bolder knowing they have nothing to lose. Our prison systems a joke. I say we NEED quick and decicive punishment the type that will make you piss yourself at the thought of going to jail, and one the doesnt waste our hard earned tax dollars on these free ride junkies!

It's not the death penalty that is not working in this case it's the application of it that is broke.

Back
Top Bottom