• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Douglas County gun laws: Shooting on your own property

Wouldn't those rules apply to a public range? If it is private, not sure the same rules would apply. That is about like saying you have to have 100 acres to shoot a deer.

No. The Peoples Republic of Clarke County has similar rules. They don't have an acreage limitation per se, but the setbacks for discharging a firearm effectively create them. Lots of bow hunting in Clarke County. The one gun club and firing range are grandfathered in.

Yes, Section 1, (a) 3. seems to apply to any place not 'open to the public'. We have an attorney that was instrumental in getting that clarification so the club could operate without violating the law.

It sounds like it would be prudent to let the sheriff know before I start shooting on the property. I haven't spent much time in the area to know if gunshots are common there are not. Anybody live in that area who may know?
There is a neighborhood about 600 ft away from where I would like to put the range, but I could put it up to 1,200 ft away if I had to. I usually only shoot daytime on weekends and never at night. (Unless I could get my hands on some tracers)

It looks like I may get to try my hand at long range shooting.

26239073_10214131035444936_5129563803705173047_n.jpg

It sounds like it would be prudent to let the sheriff know before I start shooting on the property. I haven't spent much time in the area to know if gunshots are common there are not. Anybody live in that area who may know?
There is a neighborhood about 600 ft away from where I would like to put the range, but I could put it up to 1,200 ft away if I had to. I usually only shoot daytime on weekends and never at night. (Unless I could get my hands on some tracers)

It looks like I may get to try my hand at long range shooting.

26239073_10214131035444936_5129563803705173047_n.jpg

You’ll liable to have some deputies want to come out to shoot if you show them this picture, lol.

Back
Top Bottom