• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove Field

6C5304BA-381F-4B2B-85E9-06F06EB3C63F.jpeg
E00891BF-414C-449C-88C8-F91C26C5ADEA.jpeg

How much you charging for opening day :lol:
We thought about doing it but didn’t know if it was gonna turn up good. We really just hope there is enough doves to make it a good hunt. Really don’t have enough planted to be charging people anyways. 😂 I think next year we probably will charge for a few spots though but dont know it

Another thing is field prep. Cutting strips and preparation. Keep in mind that doves have tiny legs and prefer relatively flat.
A real trick is getting it all browned out and then burn it. They really like that. Bare dirt and easy to get too roasted seeds.

How bout now? Lol
Looks great! Millet is really where its at.
You will have birds. The trick is keeping them.
Thank you sir, it really has been awesome watching it go through its stages. 😂
Mighty Fine Sir...Next year may I suggest some Sun Flowers seeds in the mix...Worked great for me.
yes sir we have sunflowers in there
Another thing is field prep. Cutting strips and preparation. Keep in mind that doves have tiny legs and prefer relatively flat.
A real trick is getting it all browned out and then burn it. They really like that. Bare dirt and easy to get too roasted seeds.
yes that is what we plan on doing

If anybody else has a dove field planted show it off. 😂
We paid a man to drag a seed drill full of millet. My dad just planted 150# of milo.
If it rains, we should have something.
We don’t put the effort into it that we used to. We should have enough birds for the family to have a fun weekend.
I will post a pic if it turns out.

We paid a man to drag a seed drill full of millet. My dad just planted 150# of milo.
If it rains, we should have something.
We don’t put the effort into it that we used to. We should have enough birds for the family to have a fun weekend.
I will post a pic if it turns out.
That’s really what it’s all about anyways, going out there and having a good time and hopefully shooting some doves 😂

Back
Top Bottom