• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove Field

Does anybody know of something to plant for the winter that would attract doves late season and is also a nitrogen booster?
Look at the law there is a date you can top sow(half ass plant)wheat and it might attract a few
it has to be acting as planting a food plot like preparing the ground you can’t sow it in a pasture or bush hogged weeds

Look at the law there is a date you can top sow(half ass plant)wheat and it might attract a few
I was really thinking about planting some winter rye but i don’t know if doves would eat it. I just know I’ve seen a **** ton of doves around here in December and would like to attract at least some of them. 😂

Yeah, unless you have a stand of something to cut, the next best thing is top sowing winter wheat. Foster is correct on the legality part too. It used to be legal. It was pretty much baiting though, so they made some law. Probably one you wouldn’t want to find out about the hard way. We have had some outstanding hunting on top sow wheat. A good while back I guess. I remember when you could shoot ducks, with lead, on the hooch, north of Atlanta. Legally Lol.

Back
Top Bottom