• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dumb and Dumber sequel being filmed in Marietta, Jim Carrey on scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally any business that is impacted even slightly is well compensated. I know when filming swing vote in New Mexico, a check for 2000 dollars was cut to every resident of the trailer park that was filmed in for three days.

On grown ups the production built a new baseball field for the community for letting them park trailers on there old one. On Men In Black we were all over Manhattan and would pay a business 2500 a day to let us use their phone lines...on top of anu money that was paid for impacting business.

If businesses on the square are being impacted, they are being nicely compensated too.

Yes, film is here for the tax credits. what's wrong with that? There are over 30 productions going in the Atlanta area right now with more coming in every day. Film is bringing billions into the state, not to mention the thousands of jobs that come with these productions.

The issue is the hypocrisy. These are liberals that demand we pay more in taxes, but yet they do everything in their power to avoid paying taxes.

When I find out a company or certain person is an outspoken anti 2A, I do everything I can to boycott that person, entity. Like when it came out that Sara Lee company was very anti 2A, I quit buying SaraLee products. I also tell everybody I know if the subject comes up.

When I find out a company or certain person is an outspoken anti 2A, I do everything I can to boycott that person, entity. Like when it came out that Sara Lee company was very anti 2A, I quit buying SaraLee products. I also tell everybody I know if the subject comes up.

better not be wearing any fruit fo the loom, victorias secret, or any other subsidiary of sara lee

Generally any business that is impacted even slightly is well compensated. I know when filming swing vote in New Mexico, a check for 2000 dollars was cut to every resident of the trailer park that was filmed in for three days.

On grown ups the production built a new baseball field for the community for letting them park trailers on there old one. On Men In Black we were all over Manhattan and would pay a business 2500 a day to let us use their phone lines...on top of anu money that was paid for impacting business.

If businesses on the square are being impacted, they are being nicely compensated too.

Yes, film is here for the tax credits. what's wrong with that? There are over 30 productions going in the Atlanta area right now with more coming in every day. Film is bringing billions into the state, not to mention the thousands of jobs that come with these productions.

Are you working with or associated with the hard leftie movie types?

Sara Lee stuff is so good! and how could any man hate victorias secret... I don't care how anti 2A they are my lady loves that place and that keeps me happy lol

im just saying they are all the same company, my dad has stock in sara lee and they have done quite well for him

my issue with tax credits is they dont offer them to the every day joe who has been working here his whole life

i get it, they wanna bring in industry. its good for the gov and good for the production companies, and yes it can help jobs

but i got an issue with favoritism on any level. my mind is not made up yet on this, i will say i have a slight bias because i have had to help out with some of these production companies and been around them and for the most part the people in that industry are ****ING DOUCHEBAGS

except for the riggers, the guys who set up the stages, light, and platforms are pretty nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom