• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

I talked with the Nexbelt guys at shot show and he said they are coming out with an appendix carry specific belt sometime this fall. It's an interesting design that if executed properly might be a really good option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I talked with the Nexbelt guys at shot show and he said they are coming out with an appendix carry specific belt sometime this fall. It's an interesting design that if executed properly might be a really good option.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I got on to nexbelt after my accident, after wearing basketball shorts for months, a regular belt was so uncomfortable when i started to try to carry again and just wear a belt. It was expensive to me but well worth it, super comfortable, even wear it at work now too, stole my girls one lol. So a shout out to gearcraft and @billieco cause he got me on them and sells them in his store

Reactions: GFB
I got on to nexbelt after my accident, after wearing basketball shorts for months, a regular belt was so uncomfortable when i started to try to carry again and just wear a belt. It was expensive to me but well worth it, super comfortable, even wear it at work now too, stole my girls one lol. So a shout out to gearcraft and @billieco cause he got me on them and sells them in his store
Another vote for nexbelt. Bought a couple of colors, been using them for over a year

I recommended the Nexbelt to a lot of folks that I work with (at that job that I’m not supposed to say I work at) that didn’t want a “tactical” looking belt like my Ares Gear, or that wanted leather. They’re very happy with them.

Lost just enough of the fat gut to make appendix carry possible. So I’m experimenting with it. It’s comforable physically- but still not comfortable mentally. Don’t like where it points.

You guys that carry this way- any holster recommendations ? any other ideas or ways to make this more physically comfortable ? The mental part- I just got to get over.

What works and someone finds comfortable is very specific and individualized. Physical anatomy is limiting factor numerous uno and will dictate how tolerant you are of what you can carry. Everyone has a different amount of space up front that they can stuff a gun into.

As far as holsters go anything that has adjustable ride height and cant are a huge step up from anything that doesn't, especially when it comes to comfort but it will also effect how well you can conceal the gun.

I personally find an "infinitely adjustable" belt to be more of a factor in how well I can conceal the gun rather than increasing/decreasing comfort. You would be amazed at how much a slight change in belt tension will change how much you print or not.

I am not some expert in AIWB or anything. I am just your average guy who has carried in this manner for a hand full of years. I did a lot of reading and research before I switched over. I have been able to take a class specifically about AIWB from one of the few instructors who specializes in it and is also a holster maker. They were able to easily demonstrate and confirm a lot of the conclusions I had come too on my own. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom