• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Experimenting with appendix carry

Enough about holsters, what I can't figure out is whether
it is still called appendix carry if carrier has had his/her/it
appendix removed. Maybe they call theirs gall bladder carry.
Which may require a different holster, oh no!

Was it a comfort issue? First aiwb holster?
Yes and yes.
I was extremely optimistic going into it but it didn’t work out for me. I talked with a few appendix carry guys and I really thought it would be far better for my lifestyle than my old ~4:00-4:30 carry. I bought a quality $$ gun belt (kore x5) to use with the rig.

Unfortunately my experience wasn’t in line with my expectations and that holster wouldn’t make it into my carry routine due to the incompatibility with my body type and lifestyle.

hopefully it is serving the new owner well because it is a quality piece of work.

I've been running a Velcro "inner belt" from Jones Tactical. It's long, so there's a lot of overlap. The holster sits over the overlap and pins it in place. Has been working very well the times I've tried it.

After spending a small fortune on belt after belt trying to find the perfect appendix carry belt over the last 5 years, I have found the best one I've ever tried by a mile. This is the V Development Group, AIWB specific Megingjörð belt. It's exactly what I have wanted in a belt. I do not like stiff belts for a gun belt especially for appendix carry because you can never get the belt properly situated in a manner that reduces printing and is comfortable with a stiff belt. But thin belts do not support the holster and gun well enough to work either. This belt is only thick in the area that holds the gun directly in front of you and is thin elsewhere. I can also adjust the belt tension throughout the day without having to remove the holster. It's worth every penny. sheep dog sheep dog cmshoot cmshoot you need to get one.
52625461892c9ab1f4cf74299c89910d.jpg
img_5792.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Don't be an idiot . You are going to shoot your dick off.... I mean really. You muzzle sweep yourself every single time you draw and reholster

Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

haha I was wondering when these comments would come into this thread. Thought there would be more...

Back
Top Bottom