• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FAL vs AK

So I went and held a C39 V2 AK, a FAL, and PTR 91 pistol. I didn't care for the FAL...it was a DSA and felt like it was going to fall apart.

The C39 felt surprisingly nice...it didn't like the grip but that's easy to change.

The PTR was hard to gage since it was a pistol...but I liked it. It felt solid unlike the FAL.

It's between the PTR and the AK.

So I went and held a C39 V2 AK, a FAL, and PTR 91 pistol. I didn't care for the FAL...it was a DSA and felt like it was going to fall apart.

The C39 felt surprisingly nice...it didn't like the grip but that's easy to change.

The PTR was hard to gage since it was a pistol...but I liked it. It felt solid unlike the FAL.

I say screw it. Charge both to the game and worry about it later. I built my credit up by doing just that. American express raised my credit limit twice :lol:

Back in the day I could see. I dont know WHAT happened but you can buy the 4 pack of vz58 mags for like 75 bucks. WITH an ammo pouch! Literally cheaper than AK mags. Not to mention id carry 4 VZ-58 mags over 3 aK mags any day. The mags are light weight and tough at the same time.

Cheaper mags? Which AK mags are you running? I just bought (10) steel European 30 round mags for $80...They are used but in very good condition. They run excellent.

If it eats steel case Wolf ammo like candy I see that as a definite plus. A huge, huge plus..

Cheaper mags? Which AK mags are you running? I just bought (10) steel European 30 round mags for $80...They are used but in very good condition. They run excellent.

If it eats steel case Wolf ammo like candy I see that as a definite plus. A huge, huge plus..
That was a good deal. I have not looked at ak mags in a while. Have enough as it is. I have fired over 100,000+ 7.62x39 rounds in my life time. Of those I have never once fired a non corrosive brass cased 7.62x39. The only brass ammo I ever used was yugo surplus. These days I only shoot wolf. My VZ eats it like candy. IF it did not run wolf, nobody would like the VZ.

Reactions: MRH
On a side note the only rifles I have ever experienced problems with steel ammo is the AR-15 (some Ar-15s) and my savage Axis .308. Granted if you scrub the chamber on the Ar-15 you can get it to run but some work better than others. I have one AR-15. That is it. I tested it to make sure it ran wolf. Ran wolf, than brass then wolf then brass. No issues. I gave up on the savage axis and steel cased ammo as I scrubbed that chamber to no avail. I just use it for suppressed .308 subs anyway.

Man those C39 V2 AK's are nice. I haven't shot one yet but the reviews are glowing. I fondled several of them at the NRA show and I definitely need one in my life. Magpul had a couple of them in their booth with the new furniture they will have available at the middle of this month. They have a straight fixed and a side folding stock. Both are sweet with very nice cheek welds. I'm patiently waiting for mid May to give them some of my money. One of the best things about the WASR's and the C39V2 type AK's is the aftermarket accessories. Most of the aftermarket accessory market is geared around these models because they are the most popular. But anyway, the C39V2 is nice. From looking it over thoroughly and fondling it they are very well made.

That was a good deal. I have not looked at ak mags in a while. Have enough as it is. I have fired over 100,000+ 7.62x39 rounds in my life time. Of those I have never once fired a non corrosive brass cased 7.62x39. The only brass ammo I ever used was yugo surplus. These days I only shoot wolf. My VZ eats it like candy. IF it did not run wolf, nobody would like the VZ.

Funny, but I don't think I've ever ran any brass ammo through my AK's, corrosive or non corrosive. I have always shot steel cased. I agree about the Wolf. It is excellent. When I look at the cost of Wolf and a couple other good steel cased brands of 7.62x39 compared to what others are paying for 5.56 and different calibers, I find it amazing that more guys don't catch on...But that's OK. More for us.

Here's the link to my good to excellent condition 30 round ak mags, $79 for 10...They are out of stock today but they re-up every few days. $12 shipping I forgot to add so around $92 total.
http://www.sgammo.com/product/762x3...n-varies-good-excellent-eastern-european-mili

Back
Top Bottom