• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FAL vs AK

Funny, but I don't think I've ever ran any brass ammo through my AK's, corrosive or non corrosive. I have always shot steel cased. I agree about the Wolf. It is excellent. When I look at the cost of Wolf and a couple other good steel cased brands of 7.62x39 compared to what others are paying for 5.56 and different calibers, I find it amazing that more guys don't catch on...But that's OK. More for us.

Here's the link to my good to excellent condition 30 round ak mags, $79 for 10...They are out of stock today but they re-up every few days. $12 shipping I forgot to add so around $92 total.
http://www.sgammo.com/product/762x3...n-varies-good-excellent-eastern-european-mili
Well for me wolf is the way to go. In a way. I do NOT use ANY sort of wolf pistol ammunition. For rifles its good to go. I just really hate their pistol ammunition. I only fire brass cased ammunition in my pistols.

I am not even going to click that link as I have wayyyyy too many AK mags as it is. I only buy Yugo AK-47 mags. They cost more but I only own yugo AKs.

ugh.. i gotta stop reading this thread.. it is making me want one now! ( ptr that is)
Yeah. Sorry. Threads like this have cost me money over the years. I did a lot of research on the PTR before I made the buy. It was a big step for me as I never was a .308 guy. I am very pleased with my PTR. It was worth the longer hours at work.

Well for me wolf is the way to go. In a way. I do NOT use ANY sort of wolf pistol ammunition. For rifles its good to go. I just really hate their pistol ammunition. I only fire brass cased ammunition in my pistols.

I am not even going to click that link as I have wayyyyy too many AK mags as it is. I only buy Yugo AK-47 mags. They cost more but I only own yugo AKs.

Yeah it is probably a good idea to stay away from that site. They have put a hurtin' on my checking account.

I've never tried the Wold pistol ammo. I've fired Tula but only because it was cheap and available at Wally world. It worked fine, but pretty dirty. I have considered the Wolf pistol ammo because of cost but I will strongly take into account your opinion of it.

Yeah it is probably a good idea to stay away from that site. They have pout a hurtin' on my checking account.

I've never tried the Wold pistol ammo. I've fired Tula but only because it was cheap and available at Wally world. It worked fine, but pretty dirty. I have considered the Wolf pistol ammo because of cost but I will strongly take into account your opinion of it.
I mean it works. It is not horrible. I just don't like cleaning firearms. It makes it filthy QUICK. It is not very accurate which to me takes away the fun . We all have bad shooting days but I don't want the ammo to be a contributing factor. Not to mention if I am practicing with my carry gun, id like to see closer to real results . Not a target that looks like swiss cheese cause I went cheap on the ammo. When I shoot my AK I am not out there for accuracy. I just like feeling the recoil.

Yeah. Sorry. Threads like this have cost me money over the years. I did a lot of research on the PTR before I made the buy. It was a big step for me as I never was a .308 guy. I am very pleased with my PTR. It was worth the longer hours at work.
unfortunately i am i the situation where a new anything is just not in the cards. it may be 10 years and 3x the price when i am able to get one.

unfortunately i am i the situation where a new anything is just not in the cards. it may be 10 years and 3x the price when i am able to get one.
I hear you. I sold a lot of stuff to make room for a few new firearms. Sold ones I did not use. These days I am about burned out. They need to hurry up and release a rail gun.

Ugh...just handled an 18" PTR and a C39 V1 at Cabelas....i really like both of them. The PTR feels so damn solid...the C39 feel almost like a toy but like I could beat a chicoms head in with it at the same time...the AK is handier but that HK clone is a beast that feels like it will run until the sun explodes...

Ugh...just handled an 18" PTR and a C39 V1 at Cabelas....i really like both of them. The PTR feels so damn solid...the C39 feel almost like a toy but like I could beat a chicoms head in with it at the same time...the AK is handier but that HK clone is a beast that feels like it will run until the sun explodes...
Oh it will. I liked the 18" over the 16. No idea why. The PTR is built like a brick **** house. Fun gun to shoot as well. Recoil (lack of ) will surprise you. Very fun to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom