• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FAL vs AK

Well for me wolf is the way to go. In a way. I do NOT use ANY sort of wolf pistol ammunition. For rifles its good to go. I just really hate their pistol ammunition. I only fire brass cased ammunition in my pistols.

I am not even going to click that link as I have wayyyyy too many AK mags as it is. I only buy Yugo AK-47 mags. They cost more but I only own yugo AKs.
I shoot the hell out of Monarch steel cased in my handguns. I wouldn't carry a handgun that won't run it.

Oh it will. I liked the 18" over the 16. No idea why. The PTR is built like a brick **** house. Fun gun to shoot as well. Recoil (lack of ) will surprise you. Very fun to shoot.

Ugh...i wish there was a clear winner. I was hoping there would be some huge flaw in one that would me it easy.

Getting the AK would net me an extra $800 as I could sell my stash of 308.

I will admit that I felt a connection with the PTR though.

Logic says AK since the goal of all this was to free up some cash.

But the PTR/HK is just so....awesome.

Ugh...i wish there was a clear winner. I was hoping there would be some huge flaw in one that would me it easy.

well you could just drop the subject all together now.. would make life easy ;)

Getting a VZ nets you more and gets you the highest quality 7.62 platform you could ask for

There's always "that guy"...
memeguy.com_photos_images_quit_being_so_dramatic_windows_45369.jpg

Ugh...just handled an 18" PTR and a C39 V1 at Cabelas....i really like both of them. The PTR feels so damn solid...the C39 feel almost like a toy but like I could beat a chicoms head in with it at the same time...the AK is handier but that HK clone is a beast that feels like it will run until the sun explodes...

Don't confuse the C39V1 with the V2. There is a difference. Also, I wouldn't buy it from Cabela's. Just a suggestion but I would take a look here:
http://www.jgsales.com/rifles-c-209_214.html

I'm not..but I can't go to JG Sales or Atlantic Firearms or CDNN and fondle one..

Tru dat. I didn't know if you were familiar with J&G, but this is the ODT so I'm sure you do. Sometimes they have great specials. A couple months I purchased a case of Wolf there for $189!

Back
Top Bottom