• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback wanted on "assault rifle" being used in ad titles .

Might as well ban it. This sight leans heavy PC. We don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings and the ODT should be a safe space, especially void of certain trigger words that concern people on the left. This site alone is ammo for the left, far and beyond any trigger words posted here.

Say it with me: Modern SPORTING Rifle, damn it.

A damn claw hammer is an AH / Assault Hammer if wielded in such a manner. :doh:

Edit: How about this AR - Assault Rock. :cool:

What say you ?

Semi autos are not Assault rifles !

We should not be helping the left spread these lies here on the ODT !
Just searched “assault rifle” went back two pages and that took me back to early 2018, with no ads with that description, and only one reference that I’m pretty sure was in jest.
Didn’t see the need to look further, was there something in particular this thread is about?

Just searched “assault rifle” went back two pages and that took me back to early 2018, with no ads with that description, and only one reference that I’m pretty sure was in jest.
Didn’t see the need to look further, was there something in particular this thread is about?

I feel like i would a infraction for calling out the thread directly.

It has Galil and FN FNC for sale/sail/sell....

An 'assault rifle' is a perfectly valid description. It's typically defined (for example, by the US Army) as an select-fire rifle with a detachable magazine, chambered in an intermediate cartridge.

If you have a select-fire M-16 for sale... sure, go ahead and list it as an 'assault rifle'.

The term 'assault weapon' though is completely meaning-free. It was made up by Josh Sugarman back in the late 70s to confuse people into thinking guns like the AR-15 were actually 'assault rifles', that is full-auto machine guns.

I guess you could list something as an 'assault weapon'... it doesn't have a definition, so it can literally mean anything you want it to. After all, that's why the gun grabbers came up with it in the first place.

Actually No gun is an "Assault Rifle" unless the owner id's it as such. "AR" is a made up term used to install fear/hate towards rifles with certain capabilities and features. So truly even full auto guns are not "AR".

"AR" was a term made up in the 80's and used mostly by the media. It just stuck and in this day and age "Gun" ppl know it to mean full auto, Non gun ppl know it to mean any rifle with certain features.

Blame Bushmaster.

Screenshot_20190222-170330_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom