• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Finally had my AD

Please don't, we anxiously await your thread about how you shot yourself because you got up in the middle of the night grabbed your pistol because you heard a noise, then shot yourself trying to put the garbage can back upright that a raccoon knocked over while holding a pistol in one hand too.

Or you rolled over, half awake, to reach for your phone and pulled the trigger on one of those three accidents waiting to happen.

Can't wait to see how it goes down, but it's only a matter of time.
Man, I had no idea you were one of those safety nazis. Picture is just for you.

Man I bet you'd really freak out if you saw me in Iraq sleeping with an M9 under my pillow and cuddling with an M249.

OIP.wO-lPb8jqrLifOoW3jDbUQHaFM

Well after 50+ years of firearms handling I finally had my AD (everyone will have one some day). I very rarely carry a gun in my backyard but last night when I was bringing in 2 birdfeeders there were 2 strange bears I have never seen ( we have bears all day long but you get to know them). So I took my PMR30 with me which was handy at the time. I had tossed the bird feeders (converted chicken feeders) up over the wall (they are on the other side of a retaining wall). Went to pick them up, PMR 30 in hand, and somehow one of the wood dowels sticking out of it caught the trigger and BOOM! Though and through....and through and through, both legs. Walked into the screened in porch, put pressure on all 4 holes while the wife called 911. Most blood I have ever seen anywhere!! Even though I ended up walking up the stairs so the EMTs did not have to carry me the made by go to Kennestone via air lift (helicopter) as they said there is no trauma center up here. Shot at 9pm and home at 230am. On the plus side the PMR 30 has a light trigger pull!!! And a safety which will always be on from now on lol. Off to by a lottery ticket later.
358149708_23945149398401755_9139383587213543533_n.jpg

Hey man, glad you are OK. You were lucky as hell.

Time to head to Vegas before the mojo wears off?

Yes , bullet placement & round count being important as with any round
Shot placement is the key. In a high stress situation, you're not going to be as accurate. But the capacity is a different story, 30+ rounds of angry bees would eventually hit the mark. But so would one shot from a shotgun.

Also, isn't 22 mag notorious for being terrible in self loading firearms? 30 rounds are no good if you can only get a few of those shots off.

That being said, I just picked up the Smith and Wesson M&P 22 Mag. Don't think I'll use it as a defense weapon but I'm enjoying it so far.

Back
Top Bottom