• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms that you don't shoot?

Had a Ruger GP 100 6" stainless I kept for 20+ Years, shot it maybe a few times, recoil, and percussion back in your face really not much fun too shoot to be honest. Stayed on the night stand then I joined ODT and ended up selling it to fund a newer/more fun purchase. I'm at the age where if it's not 100% fun to shoot and it just sits, then I got no use for it.

Now everything I have I WANT and like to shoot and the problem is too many to drag to the range with me every time I go so it takes me 15 minutes to figure out which ones I want to leave home when I go!

Last edited:
For me it's my .17hmr I have a bolt action and a revolver chambered in .17hmr. I never take them to the range and I don't know why. Thought about putting them on the chopping block but I love the little .17hmr can't bring myself to part with them.

A Savage 116FLSAK chambered in .300 Remington Ultra Magnum.
I haven't shot it in quite a while because I don't enjoy drinking deer through a straw.
That and the last time I benched 2 boxes out of it I had to go to the doctor the next day for chest pain. The diagnosis was that I had separated my ribs from my sternum.
I think I keep it for the day I wake up and see one of those pesky Garden Rhinos or Mastodons out in the yard.

A Savage 116FLSAK chambered in .300 Remington Ultra Magnum.
I haven't shot it in quite a while because I don't enjoy drinking deer through a straw.
That and the last time I benched 2 boxes out of it I had to go to the doctor the next day for chest pain. The diagnosis was that I had separated my ribs from my sternum.
I think I keep it for the day I wake up and see one of those pesky Garden Rhinos or Mastodons out in the yard.

I see a FS/FT add in your future lol

Colt Combat Python 3 inch. Because my last offer from a collector was 6000.00. It does get fondled on occassion.

Please send that dealer my way :) I've got a 1941 Colt 1911A1 posted on here (which is one of the guns I don't take out shooting incidentally) and its gonna probably take a serious collector to pick it up because of the price tag.

I see a FS/FT add in your future lol

Nah, It's had a happy spot in the safe since the late 90s. They were discontinued quite a while ago after the magnumitis of the late 90s subsided.The left handed .300RUM chambered Savages with controlled round feed are kind of a rare bird because of the extra length of the mag well.
Few were manufactured and they are hard to find yet highly desirable for conversion to a left handed .338 edge that will function as a repeater and feed from the mag.
Doubt I'll list it though but if someone "needed" one and was willing to make the right offer. Then who Knows.
( I do know what it is and what it's worth and where the market to move it if I want to is)

Back
Top Bottom