• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ford Truck Engines

There is not replacement for displacement. First rule for making power I learned. That was back in the day when it was tough to milk 400 HP out of a small block. Now they are building small blocks with over 500 HP at the flywheel of the factory line and they still get over 20 miles to the gallon on the highway. Thanks to solenoids that drop 4 cylinders at a certain speed and throttle position.

There is not replacement for displacement. First rule for making power I learned. That was back in the day when it was tough to milk 400 HP out of a small block. Now they are building small blocks with over 500 HP at the flywheel of the factory line and they still get over 20 miles to the gallon on the highway. Thanks to solenoids that drop 4 cylinders at a certain speed and throttle position.
That saying is so cliche and outdated. Forced induction makes more power per volume than NA motors. A great example is the 707 hp dodge gets out of the 6.2l hellcat to the 485 hp 6.4 of the srt.

I have a 1995 Eddie Bauer F150 I bought brand new - no longer daily driver - did drive today for some truck specific duties - 120k on a 5.0 and still rocking 24 years later.......

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Forced induction is a whole nother category. I am just talking N/A small engine off the lot cars. With todays tech engines are making more power than ever and doing it while retaining decent gas mileage. The same friend I built his car like mine now has a corvette pushing 890 to the rear wheels with a single super charger. That's a 372 cubic inch motor. I use to sell Vipers and I would drive those like I just stole it. He let me drive his and it actually scared me death when I got up around 3/4 throttle. Gut wrenching power.

Hell Bully Dog has kit for the 5.9L Cummings that's makes over 900 HP and over a 1000 ft. lbs of torque. When you start strapping forced induction on these new engines you get stupid HP. That wasn't so back in the 70's and 80's. You could run a GM 671 blower on a small block and still not get much over 500 HP unless you owned a machine shop and really knew what you were doing.

1160F5A4-8E42-4C4D-9711-46220B137A6F.jpeg

Screwcab 6.5’ bed, 4x4 with 3.73 elocker. 10600 lb tow capacity.

Very nice. My first truck was that color red and I loved it. Thatll be much nicer to drive more frequently.

I had an 08 STX 4x4 Supercab with the 4.6 in this color and while it was nothing special I absolutely loved that truck.

I called it my Superman truck This one is of course quite a bit more capable.

Back
Top Bottom