FT Knowledge of Handgun defect noted on aborted transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report to a mod. A "defect" can range from a light scuff to something really dangerous. People turn down guns for cosmetic blemishes from time to time, and people get upset. But if there's something seriously wrong, don't hesitate to let us know.

Item Name: Firearm defect noted on aborted transaction

Item is for: Trade Only

Trade Value or Items Looking For: Advice

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: All you high ranking ODT members please chime in.

Scenario: during a pre-sale handgun inspection you note a defect and back out of the deal. An hour later you see the person re-post the same item with no mention of the defect.

Do you:
A - Mind your own business; it’s a buyer beware world
B - Reply to the post to make all potential buyers aware
C - Report the situation to the ODT Site Administrator
D - Other ( Oh yeah, what's that? )

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

So...What was the defect? So we can at least look for it on our transactions. You can tell us weapon type and defect without naming any names.

I know the "Scenario" didn't categorize the nature of the defect. That was fairly diliberate to get broad feedback. However, a cosmetic matter is not somthing I would loose sleep over.

I know the "Scenario" didn't categorize the nature of the defect. That was fairly diliberate to get broad feedback. However, a cosmetic matter is not somthing I would loose sleep over.

it could be

i wont deal with someone if they lied or misled or omitted something obvious

had a guy on here trade me a fnx9. said it was unfired, but it clearly had been fired (still looked new, but it was fired)

i went through with the deal. i left him neutral feedback. i never got any from him

Not to limit the discussion to a specific event, but to answer the question from "Bypass":
It was a slide warp (soft dent on the slide). When I tested cycling a dummy round I got sporadic failure-to-extracts and inconsistent slide speed. Upon a close open-chamber down look I could see a slight warp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom