Hunter
31   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Firearm defect noted on aborted transaction

Item is for: Trade Only

Trade Value or Items Looking For: Advice

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: All you high ranking ODT members please chime in.

Scenario: during a pre-sale handgun inspection you note a defect and back out of the deal. An hour later you see the person re-post the same item with no mention of the defect.

Do you:
A - Mind your own business; it’s a buyer beware world
B - Reply to the post to make all potential buyers aware
C - Report the situation to the ODT Site Administrator
D - Other ( Oh yeah, what's that? )

*7:38pm 2013-01-28* Option C appears to be the majority favorite. For the good points raised I would now take aciton C provided the issue is not cosmetic. Thank you all for your input/feedback no matter your view.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.

Last edited:
I'd say let everyone know.If its a ODT member,He/or she, should own up and either take it down,or have it repaired.I've personally destroyed a pistol because of that very thing.Hope this helps?

I would do B, maybe C, then A after if you want :)
On a serious note, it depends on the defect. If it is cosmetics and obvious, A is fine. If the defect is functional, then I think it should be made clear...

D. Other- just giving the second person the benefit of the doubt I would tell them they have 24 hours to post on the ad the defect of the handgun as a courtesy and if not you will report it either to a mod or post on the thread the defect of the gun urself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom