FT Knowledge of Handgun defect noted on aborted transaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say mind your business and stop being the school yard tattle tell. That's jmo though.......
how is that being a tattle-tale?

if you "wasted" your time due to a defect not being mentioned in an add, i reckon it was made your business then. i dont like cheats sharing the same space as me honestly

it could be

i wont deal with someone if they lied or misled or omitted something obvious

had a guy on here trade me a fnx9. said it was unfired, but it clearly had been fired (still looked new, but it was fired)

i went through with the deal. i left him neutral feedback. i never got any from him

I've bought brand new guns from dealers that had been test fired by the manufacturer. They don't clean them before they box them up, so they're "NIB", but have obvious powder residue.

I've bought brand new guns from dealers that had been test fired by the manufacturer. They don't clean them before they box them up, so they're "NIB", but have obvious powder residue.
ya i understand this, but when i say residue i mean it had more than just one round worth fired through it (when the follower on 2 of the 3 magazines are relatively dirty, i figure its been fired more than once)

I had this happen to me once. I posted in the guys thread that I was sending a PM. A short while later another mamber hit me with a PM and gave me a heads up on the pistol - a few things weren't as they seemed. I then asked the guy with the pistol a few more questions that validated the issues were undisclosed. I passed.

how is that being a tattle-tale?

if you "wasted" your time due to a defect not being mentioned in an add, i reckon it was made your business then. i dont like cheats sharing the same space as me honestly
Maybe he wasn't aware of the defect before and plans to let future interested parties aware after they express interest via pm. My point is, it isn't anyone elses business if they're not involved directly in the deal....

There's a lot of ways to handle it, but I guess it always comes down to you doing whatever you want to do. It also depends on how the situation was handled by the seller at the time that you pointed out the defect. Did he act concerned and completely unaware? Did he act like he didn't give a $hit? If he acted like he was trying to pawn it off to the most unsuspecting buyer, I'd say he's going to have a hard time here at ODT, as most members here no how a gun should function. If the seller won't let me cycle the gun or tries to rush the sale/trade, then I'm backing out regardless. If I had been the seller of this particular gun, and the buyer wouldn't want to buy it at a reduced rate for maybe replacing the slide, I'd keep it myself with no hard feelings and have it repaired or would re-list it with the defect mentioned in the first part of the description. Sometimes there are things that we may miss, but it's how you handle it from then on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom