Gas pump manipulation??

FYI - Their (Dept of agriculture) calibration is one gallon +/- 5%. So if they dispense a gallon and you only get 95% of a gallon, they pass. And with newer digital meters they are pretty accurate. Some not so nice owners purposely calibrate their pumps at 95%..... just saying.

C11FCC6A-9405-44E3-9924-B08C5C4ED1FF.jpeg

so, we’ve got summer blend, plus extra ethanol.
No wonder mileage is down.
More expensive gas, less mileage, FJB!

I know for a fact I'm getting less mpg in a Toyota Yaris (little 4 cyl eco box). I used to get 399 miles per tank full on the fuel estimate. Now it's 349. I assume its more corn juice and less dino in the blend now.
This exactly along with probably rigged pumps as well. I used to drive my diesel Cummins @800 miles on a tank before the ultra low diesel in 2007. Now I get around 550 miles on a tank. I know some of that is age, but good grief. Also notice since 2007 the manufactures put out a larger engine to make up for decreased power due to the "new fuel". So decreased power from fuel change = less mileage. Then made a larger engine to make up for lost performance, again = less fuel mileage

If you have time to count, measure, evaluate, and surmise you have way more free time than I.

5-7%? Based on what? What is the percentage of petrol to ethanol? What's the octane? Are you running rec 90?

This is assuming you are speaking of petrol not diesel.

Or, and hear me out, pump the fuel and move along. If your put it in your vehicle and it runs, what does it matter?

The price you pay at the pump is a fallacy in any event. As is the EPA "estimated MPG".

Just saying...

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom