• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go for a run….

One thing I could never do is run. I could knock out 60 sit ups in a minute but couldn’t run to save my life lol. Always wish I could be one of the running type but my body says you can ride a bike or literally any other activity but run.

If my fatass can run, you can too.

What started it was chasing my dog through ridge ferry after dropping his leash. I only ran for 30 seconds or so but thought, “that wasn’t horrible like I remember.”

I “went for a run” for the first time in my life at 44 years old last year. I used the couch to 5k program and when I started it whooped my butt running for 60 seconds.

5 weeks later I ran a full mile for the first time in my life and 6 weeks later I ran nonstop for 40 minutes covering 5k. A week after that I ran nonstop for an hour and a half covering 7.5 miles (over achiever 10k).

I ran in a 5k race last Saturday where I got smoked by little kids and old ladies, but I finished without walking. My wife and I run every other day now, usually before the sun comes up and run at least 3.5 miles each time. Usually on Monday’s I go for a long run in the afternoon by myself.

The stress and anxiety relief, the relaxation, the sleep quality, the health benefits, and just being outside enjoyinng nature has vastly improved my quality of life plus since I’m doing it with my wife, it has strengthened our relationship. My wife has run since she was a teenager, and now I really feel stupid for not taking advantage of something that really does make everything better for the last 30 years.
My knees and sometimes feet hurt.. I try running at the gym.. I got decent shoes.. you got any advice to help an old man out.. in my 50’s

My knees and sometimes feet hurt.. I try running at the gym.. I got decent shoes.. you got any advice to help an old man out.. in my 50’s
In my mid 40s, left leg is full of titanium below the knee, 22LR HP in the left knee, and while I’m down quite a bit of weight in the past year, I’m still at least 80lbs overweight.

My knees and feet sometimes hurt. Especially after a long run I’ll sometimes take two days off instead of one.

I’m no expert, and truthfully don’t really know what I’m talking about, but my experience has been the more I run the less I hurt. I’ve gotten back more flexibility and range of motion in my left ankle over the last 8 weeks of running than I got back in the previous 20 years since fracturing my tibia and fibula in a motorcycle wreck.

My thought is as stuff gets stronger, it works better, more efficiently, and hurts less.

Did enough running in the military. I flat out refuse to run now. I tried to ease back into running last time I was trying to lose weight and I hurt for over a week. Never again, I'll walk wherever I need to go. If I have to run for it, I don't want it that bad. If I have to run from it, it's probably gonna get me anyway so why bother.

I can’t run anymore due to knee surgery about 15 years ago! I average walking 10 mil s a week and sometimes I’ll run all 15 miles in a week! I figure that ain’t bad for ole man. Wish I could talk myself into working out again but can’t get the motivation!
??? you lost me, but running or walking good on ya!

That’s true! I posted under this forum as motivation to get out. Run or walk. Get out, enjoy the world, and do something good for your physical and mental health!
Just joshing you man, good on you for getting out and moving the body. Getting outside is good, walking/jogging/running outside is even better!

Back
Top Bottom