• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun for sale poll:

Why is this gun still in my safe?

• The gun is priced too high.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • The price is too low and there must be something wrong.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • The pictures suck

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Capt. Dave Sucks

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • It's Christmas, dummy, no one is buying toys.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Saving money for tacos.

Votes: 15 18.1%

• Total voters
If I were to be shopping for a Colt A1 Compact 1911, I would not be interested in this one because the photos do not show any detail except that you have the box, paperwork and a selection of magazines. The only photo that actually shows the finish is not coming up automatically on the ad. A prospective buyer has to click the link for the attachment to see that photo. It's all about presentation in my opinion.

I guess you have some value in the extra grips and the 6 mags. The mags valued at maybe $15.00 to $20.00 each could easily add $75 to $100 to the asking price. Consider removing all but two of the mags and the extra grips and re-listing it at a lower price.

View attachment 142928

Last edited:
I do not think the price is too high based upon what you have with it. Personally, I will pay a little extra to get a few more mags (saves me having to try and find some in stock to buy). But, those pictures are the pits. Not enough light to highlight the gun. When I see really dark pics like that, I wonder what the person is trying to mask.

I don't think it is the time of the year, I have seen some $1000+ deals sell on here really quick in the last week.

GLWS

Back
Top Bottom