Gun serial check at Lawrenceville Police Dept.

Had a GSP tell me also that they "Had to have the it "in hand" to run it, ...in case it was hot."
But from what I've heard, they just take the gun to the rightful owner if it was hot because you were trying to do the right thing. Would they ask for your paper work, computer trail etc, ...don't know, the officer never even took my Leagal ID and Permit from my hand as I was holding it for him to grab and inspect when we began.

I bet if we get lots of peeps and new guns in line to get checked every week, and do a rotating schedule at all the police departments, they'd start making a database for us, ....whos in??....lol

What If they are directly beside a mail box, directly in front of a house??
I see that quite a lot going to the range.

Believe it or not we actually get request from citizens to conduct traffic enforcement in certain known problem areas. This typically includes the invitation to use their driveway and .... yeah .... :laser: ...

Rare case I am uninvited and asked to leave (never) then certainly I would respect that . . . I know I know, I dont get asked to leave because they are afraid I will serve a no-knock warrant that I illegally obtained and take their guns ... lol

As far as the serial numbers, ran one for a guy who did a trade on Craigslist. Sure enough, stolen. Had to take it but no he did not get arrested. Actually turned over all the texts / emails, pulled video from the parking lot and about 3 days later had the guy along with several other stolen items. Sorry your cops had a bad attitude, charming personalities don't typically get issued with the badge unfortunately. Just remember, in the end we're all just people . . .

And yes about 15+ over will subject you to revenue collection .... fyi

I bet if we get lots of peeps and new guns in line to get checked every week, and do a rotating schedule at all the police departments, they'd start making a database for us, ....whos in??....lol

i guarentee you they would start to say this was harassment and threaten arrest if you didnt stop even if they couldn't do it, ( we all know they can lie legally and love doing so).

It's not an issue of being friends, protecting and Serving the community is there job, especially legal abiding citizens who are Concerned Citizens.

Study-up, buttercup! That's not their job, it's just a "marketing' phrase some PDs have painted on their cars. Arguably, it should be their job but it simply just isn't.

Look up Warren v. District of Columbia and Public Duty Doctrine.

You sound like a nice guy who is interested in being an appreciative citizen so don't take this the wrong way, but it seems as though you may have frequent voluntary encounters with LEO/PD. There's a good chance they may consider you a little "off" if you're approaching frequently to fawn over them.

If you're that interested you should go through academy and get on the force instead of being some sort of (perceived) attention-seeking strange groupie who wants to set up rotating schedules for serial checks at all the PDs.

Write and call into your elected officials and tell them you want a system like the Florida Crime Center's public access system to run serial numbers http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a

i guarentee you they would start to say this was harassment and threaten arrest if you didnt stop even if they couldn't do it, ( we all know they can lie legally and love doing so).

And you would accuse leo of creating a owner database so we can come seize your guns .... even though you voluntarily came to us .... and round and round the circle we go .... :pop2:

Study-up, buttercup! That's not their job, it's just a "marketing' phrase some PDs have painted on their cars. Arguably, it should be their job but it simply just isn't.

Look up Warren v. District of Columbia and Public Duty Doctrine.

You sound like a nice guy who is interested in being an appreciative citizen so don't take this the wrong way, but it seems as though you may have frequent voluntary encounters with LEO/PD. There's a good chance they may consider you a little "off" if you're approaching frequently to fawn over them.

If you're that interested you should go through academy and get on the force instead of being some sort of (perceived) attention-seeking strange groupie who wants to set up rotating schedules for serial checks at all the PDs.

Write and call into your elected officials and tell them you want a system like the Florida Crime Center's public access system to run serial numbers http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a

So because he likes to get his serials checked to make sure he doesnt have a stolen firearm he is slightly off and fawning over them??

And you would accuse leo of creating a owner database so we can come seize your guns .... even though you voluntarily came to us .... and round and round the circle we go .... :pop2:

no i simply saying most police would rather threaten this so they wouldnt have to deal with actually doing their job and helping a citizen

Back
Top Bottom