Gun serial check at Lawrenceville Police Dept.

Here's an idea:
Start a poll showing who trusts LE, doesn't, hates them, or fawns over them, etc
I'd do it, but I am definitely technically challenged.
It seems like a lot of folks on ODT have very strong opinions (both ways) about LE.

YOU'VE GOT TO STOP THEM, THEY'RE GONNA KILL US ALL. lol

www.gifbin.com_bin_389198g6g60.gif

Lol, pretty much sums it up. Cops are not your friends, they have no obligation to protect you, their job is to put you in prison, given the chance they will do so.
That is a ridiculous statement.Cops I know get into the job out of a feeling if comunity and to give back to those around us. They want to protect others around them including family and strangers alike. Often they are over zealous and sometimes under trained. There are bad apples in the mix, but rarely do any take any personal pleasure on taking anyone's freedom from them.They do take pleasure in a job well done, as they should, as in any job,

That is a ridiculous statement.Cops I know get into the job out of a feeling if comunity and to give back to those around us. They want to protect others around them including family and strangers alike. Often they are over zealous and sometimes under trained. There are bad apples in the mix, but rarely do any take any personal pleasure on taking anyone's freedom from them.They do take pleasure in a job well done, as they should, as in any job,
Police have zero obligation to protect citizens, its a job, their job is to enforce the law, they are not crimefighters, merely enforcers that have qualified immunity when something goes amiss. It a true statement. They have zero statutory obligation to protect anyone other than themselves or other officers.

because the authorities are not interested in keeping guns off the street, they are interested in catching people and building casesdisinformation or no information is power when the other player has all the cards
Again ridiculous, Most Cops I know would love anything that would make their jobs easier and require less work for them. To perceive a conspiracy here is the height of paranoia.. Look to the legislation to form this type of law. LEO cannot establish a list like this under current state and federal law.

Police have zero obligation to protect citizens, its a job, their job is to enforce the law, they are not crimefighters, merely enforcers that have qualified immunity when something goes amiss. It a true statement. They have zero statutory obligation to protect anyone other than themselves or other officers.
To make this statement in this context shows your lack of understanding of this concept. If they can be sued for every case of burglary, wrecks, robbery, ETC then there would be no Govt at all because there is no way to prevent every crime from happening. This is where this legal language come from, but it is often picked up and used out of context by the more immature in our society...

Back
Top Bottom