• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun show loophole???

the "loophole" that they refer to is what others mention. Basically if you are buying from an individual then there is no background check.

so when someone talks about "closing the gun show loophole" what they really mean is making all gun sales have to go thru an FFL/background check.

this = more removal of our freedoms

- - - Updated - - -

the "loophole" that they refer to is what others mention. Basically if you are buying from an individual then there is

Ok so I heard something about a loophole for buying a gun at a gunshow. I heard that someone can go to a gun show and buy a gun without a background check. Is this true? The last time I bought a gun from a gun show without a CCW was about 13 years ago in Florida so I wouldnt know. That just dosent seem right. There are mostly gun stores at the shows so wouldnt that be a violation of there FFL? I have never been one to want more strict gun laws but if thats true then I think it needs to be changed. That would lead to a lot of guns getting into the wrong hands and make our fight for our rights even tougher. Please set me straight on this one.

we do NOT need the govt tightening the process for obtaining a firearm or further regulating it. the "gun show loop hole" doesnt arm the menacing criminals of society as much as stolen, straw purchased, and other means of obtaining weaponry does. you are simply regulating yourself, the lawful citizen, by putting it in the govt's hands to make such regulation(s). that "loophole" cant be changed without restricting YOU from giving a .22 rifle to your nephew to introduce him to the wonderful world of firearms without the same process as selling to a stranger.

question....do you see any reason for someone to own 10,000 rounds of ammunition? if you think they should be able to do so, should they have to register it?

Ok so I heard something about a loophole for buying a gun at a gunshow. I heard that someone can go to a gun show and buy a gun without a background check. Is this true? The last time I bought a gun from a gun show without a CCW was about 13 years ago in Florida so I wouldnt know. That just dosent seem right. There are mostly gun stores at the shows so wouldnt that be a violation of there FFL? I have never been one to want more strict gun laws but if thats true then I think it needs to be changed. That would lead to a lot of guns getting into the wrong hands and make our fight for our rights even tougher. Please set me straight on this one.

I had this whole thing typed up pointing out the hypocrisy and all but **** it. We are own worst enemy sometime.

i48.tinypic.com_35j9vvb.jpg

Last edited:
the "loophole" that they refer to is what others mention. Basically if you are buying from an individual then there is no background check.

so when someone talks about "closing the gun show loophole" what they really mean is making all gun sales have to go thru an FFL/background check.

"Gun Show Loophole" is just SOMETHING ELSE "Dreamed Up" by LIBERAL Democrats who wanna' tell us what is "Good" for us...The Arrogant BASTIDS!....mikey357

"Gun Show Loophole" is just SOMETHING ELSE "Dreamed Up" by LIBERAL Democrats who wanna' tell us what is "Good" for us...The Arrogant BASTIDS!....mikey357

Correct. They won't come after everything at once, but just keep nibbling away a little at a time. Loophole, high capacity mags, bayonet lugs, flash suppressors, assault weapons, etc. Whatever they can put over on an uninformed public.

There's always a few tables @ the gun shows that have "private sale" guns. You hand them the cash, they hand you a gun. This is DEFFINATELY a loophole. Unfortunately, the "loopholes" that the government wants to close won't do anything to stop gun crimes. The people commiting robberies/murders are buying mostly stolen guns. I've got a guy that works for me, and his cousin sells .38s for $50.....that is the "loophole" the government needs to go after..........
Contact info for 50 dollar 38s please?

Back
Top Bottom